NHEF essay competition for undergraduate students announced. The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation, NHEF, wishes to inform undergraduate students in their Partner Universities that the 2016 edition of the scholarship essay competition has commenced.
- All students enrolled in their penultimate year at our NHEF Partner University are qualified to participate in the essay contest.
- NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University Kano, University of Ibadan, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and the University of Port Harcourt.
- Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or Fourth year undergraduates of a 5-year degree program.
2nd Annual NHEF Essay Competition Topics:
- No literary form other than an essay will be accepted.
- Each piece of writing must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts.
- Essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary.
- Essays must be 2000 words in length, double-spaced, (12-inch Times new roman ), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page.
- Each essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID.
- Entries must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- References in the essay should be included and clearly identified.
- All entries must be submitted via e-mail to [email protected] by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on March 31st, 2016.
- The Grand prize winner of the 2016 Essay Competition will be awarded a cash prize of N100,000 with a year of paid tuition.
- First runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of N75,000 with a year of paid tuition.
- Second runner-up will be awarded N50,000 with a year of paid tuition.