IITB Research Internship Award is designed to be an educational and professional research experience. IIT Bombay has made concerted efforts to align its R&D focus with the national goal of achieving technological self-reliance. And one such significant attempt to promote research has been the introduction of IITB Research Internship Award.
Students and faculty conduct research projects in thrust areas of science and engineering.
Who can apply: To be eligible for this IIT Bombay internship, you:
- Should be in the third/fourth year of a Bachelors program or second year of a Masters program. Branch/discipline of study will be as per the project requirements specified by IIT Bombay Faculty (Internship Guide).
- Should be among the top 10% in all the previous years in your discipline in the college/university/institute. A certificate from the Principal (in the prescribed format)to this effect will have to be submitted at the time of applying.
- Should be a full-time student while applying and till the completion of the internship. You may submit a partial project report before (e.g., in April) the completion of the Internship (eg, in June) if the academic calendar of your college/institute/university requires you to do so, with the prior consent of the Internship Guide.
- Should be able to work full-time for the internship. Part-time internship is not allowed. A certificate to the effect that there are no course work requirements during the internship period has to be submitted at the time of applying.
Available Projects: These awards are available for specific research projects. The details of these projects are made available so that you can apply for projects of your interest and can prepare yourself well for a rigorous selection procedure. The number of interns will be restricted to the number of projects available.
Check the list of projects here.
Research Areas: Engineering, Science, Biosciences, Management, Humanities and Social Sciences etc.
- Computer Science Management
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Science (Physics, Chemistry and Maths)
- Biosciences and Bioengineering
- Earth Sciences, Metallurgical and Materials Science
Location: IIT Bombay
Duration: Full time for four to six months on a project between December 2016 and June 2017.
Stipend: Rs. 10,000/- per month. Accommodation will be provided subject to the availability. Otherwise candidates will have to arrange for their own accommodation.
For more details, visit IITB Research Internship Awards’s website.
The last date to apply for these internships is August 31, 2016 this year.
Over to you: Please help us and others by sharing this post with your friends/groups who may find it useful. If you know anyone who would be interested, tag them here in the comments/share this post with them.