Mtn among other Telecom Companies always have a way of extorting money out of every subscriber especially in Nigeria. Even if you don’t have plans to recharge your phone, they’ll give you an offer that will make you recharge your smartphone. Everyone here can cogently recalled when MTN launched Xtratime, which swiftly allow you to borrow money and pay later when you recharge. A lot of people include my dad borrowed money and to pay back became a thorn in the flesh
Recently, telecommunication giants, MTN has recently launched another offer called Xtrabytes… which seemingly allow you to borrow data and pay later on your next recharge. OMG!!!
Important information You Need To Know About MTN XtraBytes
1 You must be eligible, dial *606# to check your eligibility
2. You can borrow data, even though you are yet to pay back your loaned Airtime from MTN.
3. You cannot borrow Data or Airtime multiple times
4. You can borrow 10MB, 30MB, 100MB, 200MB, and 750MB
5. MTN will deduct the equivalent of the amount you borrowed via airtime the moment your recharge your phone.
6. To check your xtrabytes data balance, dial *606#
7. The data you borrowed has the same expiry date as your normal data bundle.
8. You won’t be able to transfer the data you borrowed to another MTN line
9. MTN will charge you 10% extra untop of the data you are borrowing.
My candid advice here is that, you shouldnt think of borrowing data from this so-called telecom gurus, because this is another carefully planed scheme of sucking online/ Webpreneurs dry . The fact is that there are loads of cheap data plan recently and i believe it will be nice to go for it. Rather than borrowing data from MTN.
So tell us why will you want to borrow data from MTN? i will like to hear your comments