Doing business on Facebook is highly welcome but using personal Facebook account to represent a business is against Facebook’s Terms, you may likely lose your account. Therefore it is advisable to convert it into a Page.
Facebook Pages are designed for businesses and organizations, with features that help you connect with customers and reach your goals. With a Page, you can create ads and reach more people from different locations and age groups.
What You Ought To Know Before Converting To A Page
- You can only convert your profile to a Page once and this is based on your personal account. What this means is, your personal account will still be active and will be used to admin the Page.
- Facebook will transfer your profile picture and cover photo to the Page.
- The name on your personal account will become the Page’s name but you can choose to change it later which will be subject to review by Facebook.
- Tools to help you move info from your profile to the Page will be available for 14 days after conversion. This mean that you have only 14 days to move all information from your personal account to the converted Page.
- Your friend will automatically like your new Page if you select the option to do so, but posts on your profile won’t be carried over to your new Page.
==> To get started, visit https://web.facebook.com/pages/create/migrate. Once the page open, click on Get Started.
==> Your profile name and profile pic will automatically be added as the Page name and Photo. If you look at the screenshot below, this Page has zero likes.
==> To make it a complete page and all your friends to automatically like it, click on Profile to Page Tools.
==> Edit the About Your Page details. Once done, click on Next.
==> Tick Select All option as shown in the screenshot below to automatically let all your friends like the Page. After that, click Next.
==> Add Photo Albums to Your Page by choosing which photo albums you will like to copy from your profile to your Page. After that, click on Finish.
==> Hurray! Now all your friends should like your Page. Look at the arrow on that screenshot below, you will see that over 4000 friends have liked the Page.
If you follow the above steps closely, you should be able to covert your Facebook account to a Page.
Warning: Do not abuse this feature by unnecessarily trying to convert every account into a Page. Do not convert a Facebook account that is not yours.
Kindly share this tutorial with others and drop your comments below if you have successfully converted an account to a Page.