Thus for a newbie it’s very important to understand these terminology before actually starting using them.
1. Page Impression: A webpage impression is produced whenever a user views a page displaying Google adsense. For example, if you have a page showing three ad units and it is viewed twice, you will generate two page impressions. So it is most important so that you can check web page impressions weekly to know how your Ads are executing.
2. Clicks: It is the total number of clicks on your Ad unit, It ought to be higher. Our main focus is on getting clicks, as they play an important role in identifying earning.
3. Page CTR: Click Through Ratio symbolizes the percentage of page thoughts that may lead in a simply click an ad unit in your blog. For instance, if your blog gets 100 page impressions and 10 of them bring about a click, then the CTR for your site is 10%.
5. Effective cost-per-thousand impressions (eCPM) is an useful way to compare income across different stations and advertising programs. Essentially, effective CPM represents your estimated earnings for each and every 1000 impressions you obtain. It should be noted that eCPM is not used to calculate the earnings alternatively it actually is determined by revenue and is helpful in tracking ad performance.
Understanding eCPM is not that easy so read this small example this will deal with all of your confusions – eCPM what exactly is it?
eCPM = (earnings * 1000)/no. of impressions.
6. Ad units: It is employed to screen a block of Google Ads, there are a lot of Ad units available in AdSense, like Square, Rectangle, Leaderboard, Skyscarper, Link units etc.
7. Channel: You may set up channels to track the performance of individual AdSense ad units or to track earnings on particular sites.
These 7 conditions are adequate so that you can understand the complete pattern of how earnings are made in Adsense, you can check a complete set of conditions at Google AdSense Glossary for more. This is merely an overview to conditions which are most important to you, I will cover these conditions in depth later so Subscribe to TWC to get more updates on this.