Setting up an online business logically always starts with the domain name registration. Your domain name represents your brand so it is really important to make sure you find the right domain as it is your actual identity on the world wide web. Here is my Top loggers guide on choosing a perfect domain name
People and most especially search engines can find you through your domain name. So it’s always recommended to brainstorm a bit of time before you register your future domain name for your business.
With the above been said clearly, without doubts; Here’s 6 little tricks that should help you in finding the absolute best domain name for your website.
· First of all find domain name registration companies that you feel are most credible and offer the best service and support. You should always opt for a company that gives the best value and flexibility for it’s price.
· Since people find it hard to remember a complicated and long web address it’s always advisable to keep your domain name easy to remember and short. This way users will easily get back to your site plus it will improve your brand recall value dramatically.
RECOMMENDED POST: Are you a blogger? Here are the best Web Hosting Companies in the world
· When choosing the extension, it’s always best to go for COM since it’s the easiest thing for your users to connect to and remember about your web business. COM is known globally, other extensions might not be.
· Try to find a good keyword domain. Incorporate your most important keywords into your new domain name. Not only will this make it easier for search engines to find your website but this should also increase the chances of improving your search engine rankings on the search engine result pages.
· Once you find the perfect domain for your business make sure to not delay the actual registration process. It doesn’t even matter if your site is under construction. With all the competition around your perfect domain name might be registered soon by someone else if you postpone to do it.
· Also make sure to register it for a long period. Usually the first time you register a domain you can do it with a discount so this way you will have the cheapest price on your domain name for the next few years. In the end yearly domain renewals will end up costing you more so it’s definitely recommended to register your domain for 5 years or more.
One last advice is to buy a domain name from the company that is providing you with your web hosting services. This way you will surely get a discounted offer. Sometimes your host will even give you one domain name for free for as long as you stay a member with them.