Grand Canyon University (GCU)
serves as Arizona’s private Christian university in the heart of Phoenix. Today, the university is in the midst of its most exciting era. GCU remains committed to progressive academic excellence for higher learning, while also igniting transformation across the local and global community. Leading a movement of service and leadership, the university continues to gain momentum in providing quality, affordable education, making an impact and creating opportunity for all.
It started more than 65 years ago when GCU was founded in 1949 by the Southern Baptist Church. At the time, GCU was known as Grand Canyon College with its first campus located in an abandoned armory building in Prescott, AZ. Two years later, the college relocated to Phoenix where GCU began to build a strong reputation as a premier, private Christian university.
Accreditation: North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA-HLC), The Higher Learning Commission.
GRAND CANYON UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
welcomes applicants 16 years old and older for admission consideration. We seek future graduates with diverse interests, experiences and perspectives, ready to capture academic opportunities with creativity and enthusiasm.
Although GCU seeks to integrate Christian faith and practice into all aspects of campus life, no statement of faith or religious affiliation is required of prospective students, with the exception of majors in the College of Theology. Theology majors are required to affirm GCU’s Doctrinal Statement and the College of Theology Covenant.
Please note: Admission requirements may differ based on degree level, program and modality. All academically qualified individuals willing to uphold our established mission and standards are encouraged to apply. To request a transcript from GCU, click here
[What You Need To Know About]Registration for Campus Students
Applying for admission to GCU is easy! We encourage you to work with an admissions counselor during the process. Below are steps to admission:
- Help your admissions counselor get to know you! Fill out this formto start the college admission process with GCU.
- Submit your transcript via the Student Portal by logging on at myportal.gcu.edu
- Visit GCU’s main campus in Phoenix. Get the real college experience at Discover GCU.
- Work with your admissions counselor to register for classes.
[What You Need To Know About]Registration for Online Students
A university counselor can help guide you through the online admissions process. New or returning students may apply online or request entrance into a new program or modality by following the steps below:
- Start the college admission process by filling out this form with information about your desired degree program and modality.
- Request transcripts from each educational institution attended. Official transcripts may be mailed, faxed or hand-delivered by the applicant.
- If you are seeking financial aid, visit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid website for more information.
- READ ALSO:Top 10 Science Courses To Study in the University
- Once your application has been submitted, your university counselor will contact you directly to discuss your next steps.
TUITION AND FINANCING
Financing your education is one of the most critical components you need to consider as you start your educational journey here at Grand Canyon University (GCU). It is important for you to know the cost of your education and understand your financial responsibilities. GCU strives to keep tuition costs competitive so that a private, Christian education is within reach for all students. To help you estimate your investment in your education, GCU offers a Net Price Calculator