Application Deadline: July 2, 2018.
BUY—JOBS -Aptitude Test Practice Questions By Clicking Here
GET—Complete Guide on How to Get Between 10,000 to 1 million Instagram followers in less than 12 Months —Click here
- Get Email Address Database from 500k to 5Million US,UK,CANADA & Europe users–Click Here
The American College of Surgeons offers International Guest Scholarships to young surgeons from countries other than the United States or Canada who have demonstrated strong interests in teaching and research. The scholarships, in the amount of $10,000 each, provide the scholars with an opportunity to visit clinical, teaching, and research activities in the U.S. and Canada and to attend and participate fully in the educational opportunities and activities of the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress.
- Applicants must be graduates of schools of medicine who have completed their surgical training.
- Applicants must be at least 35 years old, but under 50, on the date that the completed application is filed.
- Applicants must submit their applications from their permanent residence.
- Applications will be accepted for processing only when the applicants have been in surgical practice, teaching, or research for a minimum of one year at their intended permanent location, following completion of all formal training.
- Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to teaching and/or research in accordance with the standards of resident country.
- Surgeons starting out their career are more eligible than their older counterparts.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have not already experienced training or surgical fellowships in the U.S. or Canada.
Find out how Volunteering can easily get you a Million Dollar Scholarship
- Applicants must submit a fully completed application form provided by the College on its website. The application and supporting documents must be submitted in English. Submission of a curriculum vitae only is not acceptable.
- Applicants must provide a list of all of their publications and must submit, in addition, three complete publications (reprints or manuscripts) of their choice from that list.
- Applicants must submit independently prepared letters of recommendation from three of their colleagues. One letter must be from the chair of the department in which they hold an academic appointment or a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons residing in their country. The chair’s or the Fellow’s letter is to include a specific statement detailing the nature and extent of the teaching and other academic involvement of the applicant. Letters of recommendation are to be submitted by the person making the recommendation.
Applicants are advised to submit their completed applications and supporting documents as early as possible in order for processing to begin
Questions about and application materials for this scholarship should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.