According to former South African president and legend, Nelson Mandela, he emphasized on Education as “the most powerful weapon which can be used to change the world”. You may be pondering on how education can be used as a weapon when there are dangerous and life threatening weapons such as an missile tank, suicide belt, AK-47 rifle, suicide bombs, nuclear weapons etc.
Education is a powerful weapon because the success of a community or country depends solely on its educational level and system. Any country which has low focus and a low concentration towards education will wallow and drown in poverty. In no hierarchical order and position, you will know the best 10 countries which are advanced in education through this article.
Australia is an educated country which has a high proportion and percentage of adults who have gine and passed tertiary education. It is said that 43% of its adults have trained at an institution after leaving school. Also, 94% of citizens above the age of 25 years have gotten secondary school education at least. Australia supports education and the educators by giving the teachers incentives and make steps to pay teachers. The education system is high in Australia.
In Japan, the focus on education is very serious. The rate of drop-out students is 2% which is low. Also, Japan’s students records a high performance in science related subjects and courses. The focus on education has paid off as the literacy rate of their population (127 Million) is at just 99% which leaves the illiteracy rate at a rate of 1%.
Just as Japan, the focus on education in South Korea is intense. Students are being academically assessed by being assigned to private and public high schools. With a population of 49 million people, education is one of the top objectives of parents and schools in South Korea. The students spend long hours of study and cram teachings everyday.
The educational system in Finland has been compared with that of the United States of America. Finland graduates are expected and required to have a master’s degree in education as 10% of its graduates are being selected annually to work as teachers.
Norway is one of the countries that provides low tuition for students. Norway prioritizes the need for education for her citizens. With a population of 5.1 million residents, Norway spends 6.6% of her Gross Domestic Product (GDP) on education; a rate which is nearly 1.5% less than what the United States of America does. With its high level of taxation and a high cost of living, Norway invests heavily on education and devotes an expenditure of $14,000 (£11,000) per pupil annually from primary education to secondary education. Norway keeps their student to teacher ratio below 9:1; health, music, physical education, arts and crafts are also part of their education curriculum program. 100% of the Norwegian school-age population is enrolled in school, 97 percent have gotten a secondary school education at least. Their educational system is clearly working.
The South east Asian country has an exam oriented educational system that strives to teach children in the area of problem identification and problem solving. Students in Singaporean schools have a good knowledge on how to conquer test, maths and have a high ranking in Science, reading and cognitive skills. That is why the education system in Singapore is highly regarded as one of the best in the world.
The Dutch country rank well in the field of education. One third of the 25-64 year old population holds a university degree. In Netherlands schools, learning is easier and fostered as non-speaking Dutch students are being taught with languages which are other than the native Dutch language.
In Belgium, education is no joke at all. Higher education pays high in the European country. The unemployment rate in Belgium is lower than any other European country on an average level. Unemployment rate for people who have had tertiary education in Belgium is at 3%. Teachers are motivated and given incentives to work in Belgium as teachers are being paid on a average rate of £57,000 ($74,000). This means that the teaching profession is a well paid one in Belgium.
United States of America is an educational advanced country. A large chunk of her adult population have a university education (43%). In the list of developed countries in the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), it has the 5th highest proportion.
99% population of British citizens in the UK has acquired and had secondary education. With a population of 64 Million people, England is currently planning on how to accommodate 750,000 students because their department of Education has an estimated figure of 750,000 students plus by 2025.
Author Bio : Jayzeedex is a blogger,freelance writer and student who create impacts through publishing nice piece of contents like this. He also makes money online from his numerous ebooks. To order one of his items kindly click here.