Everything you need to know about Nigeria school of nursing and how to apply
Nursing is a line of work or a career within the health care sector that focuses on humans health so as to obtain, maintain or recover optimal health and quality of life.
Nursing in Nigeria is one of the highest demanding occupations. No wonder a lot of people are eager to obtain this kind of education. It is a training ground for nurses. The body that is responsible for issuing of licenses and regulation of nursing programmes and training nationwide is the Nursing and midwifery council of Nigeria.
In this article we have put everything together for any nursing aspirants. We know that it may be very confusing to a beginner with the whole nursing application process. That is why when choosing any nursing school in Nigeria a good research work need to be carried out. Such as:
- If the school is among the list of approved registered nursing school in Nigeria.
- If you meet the requirement needed to apply
- How many years do the program going to last?
However, the nursing program is of different categories and different requirements. Most student end up regretting the course they choose to apply because the fail to carry out a proper research.
That is why we hope that at the end of this article you will be equipped with the right knowledge to make a right choice on how to apply to any nursing school in Nigeria.
Schools of nursing will give you a lot of opportunities. Your responsibilities will include the next types of nursing:
- obstetrical care
- post-operative care
- public health nursing and so on
You can master any of these above-mentioned skills. The nursing schools will give you all the necessary knowledge and experience.
Two ways that will help you to become a nurse
- If actually, your goal is to become a nurse, what is required of you is to attain any school for nurses that have 3 years programme, and at the end of your programme, you will be examined by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. Thereafter you will become a registered nurse.
2. Another way you can attain your dream of becoming a nurse is obtaining a university degree. There is a lot of schools here in Nigeria which you can study as a nurse for 5years and obtain your certificate. However, you will also be examined by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. Thereafter you will become a registered nurse.
Nursing school requirements
To apply for any school of nursing in Nigeria is not a big deal, there is only just a small difference in terms of requirement depending on the programme and school you want to engage in.
However, If you want to study in any nursing school in Nigeria, it is then advisable you apply to school or visit their official website, get their requirement and be acquainted with all the requirements. This will help you prepare well. But, the main requirements for all candidates who want to apply are the availability of documents, suchlike:
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate with five credits.
- It should comprise Chemistry, Health Science, English, Biology, and Physics
- NAPTEB, WAEC, NECO is required
- To some school, NAPTEB is not allowed.