|Registration for WASSCE for Private Candidates Second Series, 2019 has commenced. PLEASE NOTE THAT WAEC WILL NOT ENTERTAIN ANY REQUEST FOR AMENDMENT OF DATE OF BIRTH AFTER RESULTS HAD BEEN RELEASED. THEREFORE DO YOUR AMENDMENTS BEFORE THE RELEASE OF RESULTS.|
2019 WAEC GCE Registration Form – Instructions and Guidelines [Aug/Sept Second Series] .
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) deploys a new electronic means of detecting examination malpractice (collusion cases) in objective test.
Intending candidates for the WASSCE FOR PRIVATE CANDIDATES, 2019 – SECOND SERIES, should please note that centres in examination towns, which turn out to be unviable at the end of the entry period, will be merged with a viable centre in the nearest examination town.
The first series is the newly introduced urban-based examination. Examination holds between January/February. Registration is currently on. The Second series is the existing WASSCE for Private Candidates examination which is normally written between August/September of every year. Registration is NOT currently on.
You can register via this link https://registration.waecdirect.org/
Intending candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, 2019 – Second Series are hereby informed that the registration will commence on 27th May, 2019.
The WASSCE for Private Candidates 2019 – Second Series will be an urban based examination. Thirty-Six (36) subjects would be available for the Examination will be available for the examination. Intending candidates for the examination are therefore, strongly advised to visit the Council’s corporate website- www.waecnigeria.org- to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
Candidates should also note that the 2019 WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
WAEC GCE Registration Period.
WAEC GCE normal registration period is from Monday, May 27, 2019 to Friday, July 19,2019.
How to Apply for the 2019 WAEC GCE.
Candidates arc expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig. Plc
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
In addition, candidates will be required to pay Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/for registration.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS: Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must dearly state their disabilities e.g blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION: Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. They are also to print the Admission Notiec/Photo Card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (http://www.waeconline.org.ng/) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted..