Table of Contents
Bolivia (officially the Plurinational State of Bolivia) is a beautiful country located in the heart of South America. It is a democratic and multiethnic nation known for it’s culture, food, amazing landscapes and wonderful people.
Studying in Bolivia is advisable too as the South American country boasts of wonderful education institution, standard organizations and affordable cost of living. It is on that note that we advise you as a Nigerian who wants to venture into Bolivia as a tourist, student, a business person or a visitor, to proceed because the country is well suitable for foreigners, including Nigerians.
La paz, which is the capital city of the country is a great commercial city and will also be a great place to start for you as a Nigerian seeking opportunities. However, there are many other great cities in Bolivia and this article will inform you about all that you need to know about the country, and guide you on how to apply for a Bolivian Visa in Nigeria.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
Types of Bolivian Visas
People from many other nationalities require visas in order to enter Bolivia legally. The main types of visas include —
- Tourist Visa — This type of visa allows you to enter the country for leisure and sight seeing, mostly intended only for a short period of time
- Student Visa — This type of visa is required from people who intend to enter the country for the major purpose of studying. Interested applicants are expected to first obtain admission from the school of their choice in Bolivia before applying for this type of visa. Your visa application will be outrightly rejected if you do not have proof of admission or acceptance into a Bolivian educational institution
- Transit Visa — This visa is valid for only three days. It is suited mainly for people passing through Bolivia to other countries
- Business Visa — This type of visa is issued to foreigners including Nigerians entering the country for the main purpose of doing business and trade
The necessary requirements for applying for a visa to Bolivia has been listed below. This list comprises of all the general requirements necessary for all the types of visas.
- A properly filled Visa Application form
- A valid international passport
- Recent photographs
- Bank statement of account showing proof of available funds capable of taking care of all your expenses throughout your stay in Bolivia
- Clearance form signed by the police in Nigeria showing that you’re not a criminal
- Original health certificate from a recognized hospital in Nigeria showing that you’re healthy
- Birth certificate
- Original copy of admission letter from the educational institution in Bolivia in the case of student visa
- Application fee of $50
- Other documents that can support your application
Method of Application
Application for the Bolivian visa is simple. You don’t need to pay any agent to assist you. All you need is to download the visa application form from HERE, fill it, and proceed to the Bolivian representative in Nigeria to finalize your Bolivian visa application. You can also send your enquiries through mail on this address.
Embassy of Bolivia in Nigeria
As at the time of writing this article, there is no embassy for Bolivia in Nigeria as a whole. However, you can apply for a Visa to Argentina and then proceed to Bolivia from there.
If this post has been useful to you, please share with your family, loved ones and friends on WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc. by using the buttons below.
There’s a comment section below. Please, leave a comment to let us know what you think.