Around 30 years ago, Nigerians travelling to Bulgaria and some other countries didn’t need a visa before they can be allowed into those countries. But due to many unfortunate factors today, if you ever think of leaving the country you have to bear in mind that you need to obtain a visa in order to proceed legally into that country otherwise, you will be arrested and thrown out of the country like a criminal if you are found wanting.
To gain entrance into Bulgaria, you have to go to the embassy or representatives of Bulgaria here in Nigeria. This guide carefully compiles all that will be needed from you at the Bulgarian embassy or visa representatives in Nigeria before you will be issued a Bulgarian visa here in Nigeria. We have also provided the correct addresses of the embassies and visa application and collection centers of Bulgaria in Nigeria, all in this article. So ensure that you read through carefully and use the comments box at the end of this guide to let us know your suggestions or how you feel concerning this subject matter.
Some other countries you can check out:
Bulgaria is a Balkan country with a cultural melting pot with Ottoman, Slavic, Persian and Greek influences. The country is surrounded by neighbouring countries like Romania, Serbia, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey, and also the black sea.
The capital of Bulgaria is Sofia. It is also the largest city in the country.
Bulgaria is a very business friendly, small European country. Due to it’s size there is usually a low number of workforce needed in most industries and organizations, but with adequate preparations and all necessary measures put in place, there is almost no limit to what you can achieve considering your potentials and will to be successful abroad. In Bulgaria, there’s a level play field for both citizens and immigrants. Everyone has their chances of schooling, doing business and excelling in every available categories.
Types of Bulgaria Visa
- Transit visa — This visa type is issued travelers transiting to another country through Bulgaria. The holder of this visa is only allowed in the country for a period of five days.
- Short stay visa — The holder of this visa is allowed in the country for a period of 3 months. Short stay visa includes visa categories such as tourist visa, business visa, media visa, conference visa, visitors visa, and so on.
- Long stay visa —With this visa, a non-citizen can stay in the country for more than 3 months. Categories of this kind of visa include Study visa, work visa, and others.
All the types of visas mentioned above can be issued to Nigerians. All that is required from you during your application is to produce all of the following requirements at the time of your visa application and visa interview.
- A valid international passport
- Recent coloured passport photos
- Proof of flight booking
- Evidence of hotel reservation or accommodation in Bulgaria
- Bank statement of account showing available funds capable of taking care of all your expenses throughout your stay in Bulgaria
- Letter of invitation from the organization or individual inviting you to Bulgaria (if applicable)
- Employment or admission letter from the organization or school of interest in Bulgaria (if applicable)
- Police clearance from the Nigerian police department showing that you are crime-free
- Visa application fee of $50 which is Non-refundable
How to apply?
- Your first step in applying for any of the visa types listed above is to download the Bulgarian visa application form from HERE
- After you have downloaded it, print out the hard copy and fill in all the required documents. For professionalism you can ask other knowledgeable people close to you to assist you in filling the form in order to prevent errors
- Attach the required documents listed under requirements above and go with all your documents including the visa application form you have filled to the embassy of Bulgaria in Nigeria
Bulgarian Embassies in Nigeria
1. Embassy of Bulgaria in Abuja
10 Euphrates Street,
Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Maitama – Abuja
Tel: +234 8033078578
E-mail consular: Consular.Abuja@mfa.bg
2. Embassy of Bulgaria in Lagos
3, Walter Carrington Crescent,
Victoria Island – Lagos
Tel: +234 1 261 1931 | +234 1 261 1932
Fax: +234 1 261 9879
- How to apply for Puerto Rico visa in Nigeria
- Belgium embassy in Nigeria
- Study, Work and Live in Brazil — see how