How to Apply for Dominican Republic Visa in Nigeria — A simple guide
Today’s article will be covering another not-too-popular Caribbean/North American country called Dominican Republic. Our last topic on How to apply for St. Vincent and the Grenadines Visa in Nigeria was well received by many visa seekers and our webpage guests generally, and we are committed to continue to enlighten readers with more helpful information.
In Nigeria, many people only focus on going to the big names when it comes to immigration, such as America, Singapore, Canada and China without considering other not-too-famous countries with high potentials that offer foreigners many great opportunities of making it big time. And that is why we are writing this article in order to inform you about the country – Dominican Republic – and provide you with all you need to know concerning how to apply for and get a visa with which you can then proceed to travel to the country.
Dominican Republic (not to be confused with Dominica which is another different country entirely) is a Caribbean country. It is the second largest and the most diverse country in the Caribbean, situated just 120 minutes south of Miami, U.S.
Santo Domingo is the country’s capital, and also the largest city in the country.
Business and tourism are the two most important sectors of the country’s economy, with the latter accounting for more than 12% of the country’s GDP. Tourism is an important aspect of the country with a record of more than 6 million tourists entering the country every year for leisure and fun on the beaches and tourist attractions in the country.
The Dominican Republic is open for all both nationals and foreigners who intend to be an active, legitimate part of the country’s progress and development, which is why a visa application for the country in Nigeria is really easy. All you have to do is to follow the steps and instructions in this article carefully, and you will be able to understand how to apply for your visa by yourself, and be successful at it.
How can I apply for a visa?
Nigerians need a visa in order to enter the country. However, Nigerians that already have permanent residency or valid visas to either Canada or the United States do not need a visa to enter the country.
Types of Visas
The two main visa types are —
- Tourist Visa: This visa is issued to Nigerians who will be going to the country for the purpose of visiting friends and family, or for the sake of fun and tourism. With this visa, your activities are limited and you cannot do business with this sort of visa.
- Business Visa: For Nigerians who intend to enter Dominican Republic for the purpose of doing business or trading, or making an investment legitimately, this kind of visa will be issued to them during application.
- There are other types of visas which Nigerians can apply for, they include: Student visa, spousal visa, work visa, and transit visa.
What are the visa requirements?
Assemble the following documents before you proceed to apply for a Dominican Republic visa
- A fully completed and signed Dominican Republic tourist visa application form which can be downloaded from here
- A valid international passport
- Passport pictures
- Your latest bank statement of account showing that you’re buoyant enough for the trip
- Hotel and flight booking
- Birth certificate
- Visa fee of $120
- Police report
- Health certificate
- Other necessary documents such as business registration, admission letter, marital certificates, or any other valid documents which can support your application might be requested during your visa application.
Where to go?
The Honorary Embassy or Consulate of Dominican Republic is the place you should go to with all your documents in order to apply for your visa. But we regret to inform you that as at the time of writing this article, there is no sort of representative for Dominican Republic in Nigeria.
Anywhere you find an agent representative, you have to be careful if you have to have any dealings with them because they could be fake.
Recommended countries you can also visit:
You can share this post on various social media platforms by making use of the buttons below to make sure that this information gets to a lot of people who need help.