El Salvador: The easy guide on how to obtain a visa in Nigeria
Today we have decided to focus on another central American country known as El Salvador. It is a country that we have observed to offer great solace to immigrants, as well as abundant resources and opportunities to foreigners who wish to engage in legitimate hustle, schooling, business, or any other activities that are legal.
In this article, our aim is to introduce you to the country and draw your attention to the benefits of going to the country, and also how to apply for a visa, where to apply, and the list of all the important documents and requirements that will support your El Salvador visa application in Nigeria. We advise you to go through this guide carefully, bookmark or save this page for future reference, and leave your comments and enquiries in the comments section at the end of this post so that we can connect with you and assist you wherever you need us to.
El Salvador is a small Central American country famous for its beautiful beaches and mountainous landscapes. It is in fact, the smallest country in Central America.
San Salvador which the biggest city in the country and also the country’s capital is well known for it’s historical organization, the National Theater, and numerous museum which which all play their parts in the income generation of the country.
The education sector is of standard and life in the country is generally not difficult to live and work in. The culture of the people is great and the atmosphere throughout most parts of the country is conducive. Also, Immigrants are tolerated in the country. There’s a level play field for everyone irrespective of color or where you come from and that is among the reasons we think that El Salvador is suitable for Nigerians going overseas for education, business, or leisure.
However, in order to enter El Salvador from Nigeria you need to have a visa. You can get a visa through the process below.
Some related countries:
Generally, immigrants and non-citizens of El Salvador are expected to obtain any of the Salvadoran visa before they can be allowed to enter into the country. The most sort types of visas include –
- Salvadoran Tourist Visa
- Salvadoran Transit Visa
- Salvadoran Business Visa
Other types of visas include Study visa, Resident visa, Work visa, Press visa and Spousal visa.
The list of required documents for all the visa types include the following –
- A fully completed and signed visa application form filled and signed by you the applicant
- Recent Passport photos
- A valid international passport
- An authentic birth certificate
- A recent bank statement of account showing that you’re not financially embarrassed
- A confirmation letter from here
- Admission letter or acceptance form from the educational institution in El Salvador, assuming you’re going to the country for the purpose of schooling
- Health certificate
- A registered business license is required from you if you are going to the country for the purpose of doing business
- Police report
- Proof of group travel is expected from those that will be traveling as a group
- Flight and Hotel booking in El Salvador or confirmed itinerary
- Non-refundable visa fee of $60
- Additional documents as required during your application
- Usually Salvadoran visas are issued within the first 24 hours after application, unless there’s further cross checks to be done by the El Salvador Immigration Department, processing time can take up to three weeks.
- The El Salvador visas are valid for up to three months, with possible options of extension once you gain entry into the country.
- The visa application fee of $60 is not refundable, but mandatory.
- There is no 100% assurance anywhere that you must be successful in getting a Salvadoran visa. But with all things in place, and all requirements in this article available in your possession and also genuine, you stand a very high chance of getting your visa all by yourself without the help of any agents or representatives.
Where to apply?
Usually visa applicants are allowed to apply for visas of any countries of their choice at the embassies or local representative of the countries they intend to go to. But in this situation, there is no embassy or official representative of El Salvador in Nigeria.
We therefore advice you to look up for the embassies of El Salvador all over the world and locate the closest country where a Salvadoran embassy is present, find your way to it, and then apply for a Salvadoran visa from there.
Meanwhile, the following passport holders can enter El Salvador without a visa for up to three months after which they can apply for an extension of stay for a longer duration of time –
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- New Zealand
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
Others include Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Belize, Brunei, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Monaco, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saint Lucia, San Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, Ukraine, UAE, UK, Vanuatu and Vatican.
We hope that as we have come to the end of this article, we have enlightened you on How to apply for a Salvadoran visa in Nigeria, and also provided you useful tips and information needed for the entire visa application process.
We wish you best of luck.