Greenland visa application in Nigeria — A simple guide
Greenland visa application in Nigeria. How can I apply for a Greenland visa in Nigeria? what are the visa requirements for Nigerian citizens? is there a Greenland embassy in Nigeria? How much does a visa cost? Can Nigerians study in Greenland?
These are some of the questions that people have been bombarding us with so we have decided to provide you with this well documented guide that will address most of these questions being asked by visa seekers and travelers.
You have to realize that in order to be granted any visa in Nigeria you have to provide some genuine requirements to the official embassy or representatives of the country of your intention here in Nigeria, sit for a one-on-one interview before your application can be considered.
In this guide you will learn about the basic visa requirements and how you can apply for a visa to Greenland all by yourself without paying agents to help you.
Some more countries you can check out:
Greenland is a large autonomous island which is dependant on Denmark. It is the largest island in the world and most of its surface is covered in ice. It is also a part of the Americas.
Nuuk is the largest city in the country, and also it’s capital. It is a well known city which is the center of commerce and economic activities in the country.
What do I need to know?
You can live, study, and work in Greenland as a citizen of Nigeria.
You have to obtain all the required documents listed in this article. Only genuine documents are allowed. After your arrival in the country, following your successful application, you can apply for a residence permit at the immigration service office at Copenhagen in Denmark. The application for a work permit or residency can take up to six months.
Further information can be obtained from the Denmark immigration service here.
Always bear in mind that for any thing you’re applying for, provide only genuine documents as required.
What are the types of Visas?
- Transit Visa — This is a type of visa that is issued to immigrants going from a non-Schengen state to another non Schengen state across Schengen state territory. It is valid for a maximum of 5 days.
- Short Stay Visa — This is the type of visa that is issued to immigrants who intend to stay in the country for a maximum period of 90 days.
- Long Stay Visa — This is the type of visa that is issued to nationals from member states.
- Airport Transit Visa — This is similar to the tourist visa. It is required by the nationals of certain countries.
What are the Visa requirements?
- A valid passport issued within the last ten years
- A visa application form completed in block letters with preferably black pen
- One recent passport photograph with your signature on the back.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means to cover all expenses during the stay in the country
- Original bank statements of the past 3 months.
- In case of sponsorship: a letter of introduction of sponsor and a copy each of the sponsor’s passport and bank statement of account
- Proof of flight reservation/booking
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate if applicable
- Business registration documents if applicable
- Written invitation from the host in Denmark who the applicant plans to visit in the case of a visitor visa
- Proof of admission to educational institute in the country of your intended visa
Where can I apply?
There is no Greenland embassy in Nigeria, but because it is dependant on Denmark, Nigerians who intend to enter the country for any purpose are allowed to go to the Representatives of Denmark here in Nigeria with all the required documents.
Some more countries for you to check out:
Danish Representatives in Nigeria
There are only too known legitimate Danish representatives in Nigeria, one in Abuja and the other in Lagos. We have provided the correct addresses and contact details of these two representatives here in Nigeria. This is because there’s a lot of “catfishing” going on in Nigeria as many of us already know. There are many fake agents and embassy representatives parading and looking for innocent Nigerians who are seeking visas to deceive and mislead. It is advisable to take good notes of the information we have provided on this webpage in order to avoid any costly mistakes.
The addresses and contacts of the Danish official representatives in Nigeria include —
Consulate General of Denmark in Lagos
15 onisiwo road, ikoyi – Lagos
Tel: +234 1 904 2609 | +234 1 904 2636
Email: [email protected]
Embassy of Denmark in Abuja
157, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse II – Abuja
Tel: +234 990 366 35
Email: [email protected]
Visa section: Mon – Thur from 14:00 to 15:30
Consular section: Mon & Wed from 09:00 to 11:00
We believe that with this article, you have understood all that you need to do concerning Greenland and how to secure a visa to enter the country. But if you are still experiencing difficulties and need to make more enquiries and clarifications, leave your comments in the comments section below, or leave behind your email and we will contact you.