NATIONAL AGENCY FOR FOOD AND DRUGS ADMINISTRATION AND CONTROL ( NAFDAC ) Recruitment 2019-2020 and How to Apply for Graduate Jobs Online. (www.nafdac.gov.ng)
NAFDAC, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control Recruitment 2019 | In this guide, what you will get is a complete and up to datelatest update on National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control 2019 recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
A lot of questions on vacancies have been asked about one of Nigeria’s top notch agency National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC). This article will tackle many of these questions.
Are you searching for NAFDAC Jobs in Nigeria? Most commonly searched queries are;
- Is the NAFDAC Job Vacancy form out in Nigeria?
- When can I obtain the NAFDAC Recruitment form?
- I need NAFDAC Recruitment updates, etc.
- When will NAFDAC Recruitment start?
- How can I apply for NAFDAC Recruitment 2019/2020?
- NAFDAC Recruitment 2019
NAFDAC is a Nigerian federal agency under the Federal Ministry of Health saddled with the responsibility of controlling, organizing, regulating the sales and use of food and drugs. NAFDAC was established in 1993 by Decree 15 and was amended by Decree 19 of 1999 and now the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control Act Cap N1 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.
NAFDAC is headed by a chairman who presides over a governing council appointed by the president on the recommendation of the Minister of Health. “Other council members such as;
- The permanent secretary of the Ministry of Health
- The director-general of NAFDAC
- Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON)
- National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD)
- The chairman of the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN)
- The chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
- A representative each of the Pharmaceutical Group and the Food and Beverages Group of the Manufacturers’ Association of Nigeria. Three people from the general public are also represented on the council.
The Legal unit is the unit that offers legal advice on issues in the agency. They are also in charge of keeping record of documents and agreement concerning the agency.
The Public Relations: this unit function’s closely to the director’s office. The sole function of this unit is to carry out executive role for the agency. Examples: give information; enlighten the general public on the role of the agency. Hence, this unit is divided into eight directorate with the last two newly added.
Internal Audit: this unit provides a means of determining the effectiveness of the system of internal control and accounting. This unit also carries out special investigations.
Vision of NAFDAC
The vision of the Agency is “Safeguarding Public Health”.
The mission of NAFDAC is to safeguard public health by ensuring that only the right quality drugs, food and other regulated products are manufactured,imported, distributed, advertised, sold and used in Nigeria.
- Ensure availability of efficacious and good quality NAFDAC regulate products.
- Maintain reference laboratories of International Standards.
- Promote an effective and efficient well motivated and disciplined workforce.
FUNCTIONS OF NAFDAC
- The functions of NAFDAC as provided in the enabling law that establishes it are to:
- Regulate and control the importation, exportation, manufacture, advertisement, distribution, sale and use of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, Chemicals and detergents (Regulated Products);
- Conduct appropriate tests and ensure compliance with standard specifications designated and approved by the Council for effective control of quality of regulated products and their raw materials as well as their production processes in factories and other establishments;
- Undertake appropriate investigation into the production premises and raw materials for regulated products and establish relevant quality assurance systems, including certification of the production sites and of the regulated products;
- Undertake inspection of imported regulated products and establish relevant quality assurance systems, including certification of the production sites.
- Compile standard specifications regulations and guidelines for the production, importation, exportation, sales, distribution and registration of regulated products;
- Undertake the registration of foods, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices bottled water, Chemicals and detergents;
- Control the exportation and issue quality certification of products intended for export;
- Establish and maintain relevant laboratories or other institutions in strategic areas of Nigeria as may be necessary for the performance of its functions;
- Pronounce on the quality and safety of Products after appropriate analysis;
- Take measures to ensure that the use of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances are limited to only medical and scientific purposes;
- Grant authorization for the import and export of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances as well as other controlled substances;
- Collaborate with National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in the bid to eradicate drug abuse in Nigeria;
- Advice Governments, the private sector and other interested bodies regarding the quality, safety and regulatory provisions on regulated products;
- Issue guidelines, grant approvals and monitor the advertisement of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, Chemicals and detergents;
- Compile and publish relevant data resulting from the performance of the functions of the Agency or from other sources;
- Sponsor such national and International conferences as may be considered appropriate;
- Liaise with relevant establishments within and outside Nigeria in pursuance of its functions and;
- Carry out such activities as are necessary or expedient for the performance of its functions.
NAFDAC Vacancy Requirement in Nigeria.
All candidates applying for the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) recruitment must have any of the following degrees depending on the job positions he/she is applying for. Namely;
- Possession of B.Sc., HND, NCE, OND in any discipline from a recognized institution
- Applicants must not be above 35 years old
- You need to have a WAEC/NECO obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.
How to Apply.
All applicants are to note that the 2019/2020 recruitment process will be done online. Interested candidate should visit nafdac.gov.ng. Interested candidates should submit their application form and supporting documents together with CV to NAFDAC national secretariat or NAFDAC zonal offices.
Finally, in order to keep close tab with our daily activities and get updated with relevant job updates,kindly drop your information via the comment box below