Top 10 Photo Editing Apps for Android in 2019
You are viewing this page probably because you are considering getting a photo editing application for your android phone, due to reasons being that you don’t like it when you take a photo with your android phone’s camera and the brightness isn’t just enough. Or it’s a problem with the contrast, the angles or orientation, or you just want your photos to look catchy and more colourful. No doubts, the android phones saturating the tech markets today are equipped with powerful cameras, with which we can use in creating and saving certain moments as memories to be kept for over a lifetime, but sometimes, even too good is not enough.
That is the point where photo editors come in. They are simple programs designed by software developers in order to serve the purpose of giving you a near-exact experience you want with your photos.
- WordPress vs Blogger: See the key differences
- Top online utility tools every blogger must have
- Top photo editing tools for PC 2019
It can be very tasking to find the best photo editing application for your android phone, no doubts about that. And that’s because of the presence of a very high number of applications designed for that task for the android operating system. That is why we have taken the time to compile a list of ten of the best photo editing applications for Android so far in 2019.
Note: This list follows no particular hierarchy or preference, and we are not saying that the listed applications are perfect. We only provide them based on popular reviews and personal experience so you may not like one or more of them. You’re advised to try out anyone, and then another if need be, according to your needs.
Top Ten Photo Editing Apps for Android in 2019
Snapseed is the first photo editing app for Android on our list. Owned and developed by tech giants google, and designed for the major purpose of editing and recreating pictures into other suiting forms and designs, it is one of the best free photo editing apps for Android. Originally, it was created only for iOS and later the android compatible versions were released.
Snapseed is packed with many different types of filters and layouts to modify and recreate the appearance of your photos, including another 29 different varieties of tools.
- Photos can be exported or shared to friends and family on many platforms in the apps interface immediately after editing
- Healing brush
- Option to crop and resize photos
- Selective filter tool for editing only a selected part of an image
- DNG files can be edited and exported as JPG
- There’s a dark theme mode in the app
- Possibility to cancel any recent action
Aviary, the second photo editing app for Android on our list is simply a long time good photo editing application that has been available in the app market in the last few years, but has simply been either ignored or underestimated by a lot of people. The user-friendly software presents users with many different features and and an easy to understand interface.
- Convenient interface
- One-tap auto enhance
- Colour balance
- Can improve existing image quality
- Change in brightness, contrast, etc
- In-app cropper and photo resizer
- Background replacement
- Eraser to erase parts of photos
- Text adder and pencils of different colours and sizes to add words to your photos
- Stickers and filters
- Meme creating tool
- In-app purchases
Canva is a free photo editing application for Android. It has been on this list for quite a long time and there are many blogs and tech review pages that list Canva as a must have for Android. We agree.
It is particularly good for Android users who prefer the easy way and simple things because of its really easy interface, understandable by even the least novice. There’s a huge array of options and tools for you to make use of in adding filters and colours to your image to make it shine.
You can also design your photos and allow the app to automatically crop them to the exact dimensions for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and many more.
- Huge selection of tools
- Lots of templates
- Various effects you can choose from
- Personalize your pictures with texts
- Full customization of everything
- Dismissible ads, that can be eliminated by paid upgrade
Adobe boasts of a wide range of photo editing softwares some of which include Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop Mix, and Adobe Photoshop Express. Each one has its own variety of features to help you do a lot of things with your photos, but we have singled out Adobe Photoshop Express and have selected it for review on our list of best photo editing apps for Android. It is one of the best softwares for editing photos on smartphones and android, and works perfectly well for iOS and windows too.
- Red eye removal
- Collage making
- Borders and effects
- Adjustment of brightness, contrast, etc
- Lots of filters to chose from
- In-app cropper and photo rotating tools
- Simple interface
- Easy navigation
- RAW file to JPG support
- Adobe cloud support
- Sync with other Adobe products
- Need for membership registration
Photo lab comes with a simple and intuitive interface which makes it easy and manageable. It is capable of giving your photos the advanced kind of touch that is unique, stylish, and artistic.
- Up to 600 filters and effects for you to choose from
- Up to 50 preset styles
- Advanced face detection feature
- Text to photos addition option
- Many eye catching templates
- Long list of fonts that is beneficial to meme creators on photo personalisers
- Contains watermark
PicsArt is undoubtedly one of the best photo editors out there in 2019 so far. It has been serving users with its purpose of editing and optimizing photos to their satisfaction and surely deserves a spot on this list.
- Many effects, filters and stickers
- Photo mixing and collages
- Convenient sharing and collaboration with social network
- Animated gif generation
- Brush mode for working on only selected parts of photos
Bonfire photo editor is an increasing popular photo editing app for android. It has an amazing bunch of filters for images, and it’s user-friendly interface is incredibly simple.
- Different options for colour editing
- Available tools for blemish removal
- Skin smoothing tool
- Various effects and filters
- Lots of different image editing options
We wish we could suggest this photo editing app for every single android device user in the world. It is a fully packed photo editing tool suitable for a wide array of photo customizing with different available options from filters and effects, to stickers and many wonderful designs. You are allowed to share your edited images directly to social media platforms and other applications immediately after editing, the the sharing option in the app. It’s quite easy to use too. There’s no way you won’t find your way around it’s simple interface in your first experience.
- Photo size reduction and cropping
- Mirror imaging and art filters
- Collage making
- Scrapbook and shapes
- Beautification and PIP
- Lots of emoji and stickers to choose from
- Tons of frames and filters
- Unlimited effects and designs
- Option to uses texts and colours
- Photo personalization and meme making
- Background changer for photos
This photo editing app is sometimes called the simplified Photoshop because of the solid range of options it offers, similarly to Photoshop. It is one of the most recommended photo editing apps in 2019 so far and has earned a rightful place on our list.
- Tons of cool features and photo tweaking options
- Lots of photo effects and filters
- Addition and reduction of brightness, contrast etc
- Collage making with plenty of college templates
- Image rotation and change of angles
- Contains ads
Pixlr is a handy photo editing app suitable for everyone. It contains a wide variety of professional image editing software which sometimes leaves users with having a tough time deciding which filter or effect or design to use because they all are wonderful. It is also very convenient for beginners and suitable for everyone who likes the easy but classy ways.
Pixlr turns your pocket size android device into a whole photo studio on it’s own with deep image editing options such as dimensional editing, pencil sketches, and lots more.
- Interesting design
- Remarkable collage making with up to 25 photos
- On-touch enhancement tools
- Various layouts and photo background changing options
- Wonderful features for image editing
- Requires extensive downloads
- In-app purchases
- Contains ads
With the apps we have compiled and listed above, we believe you can, through one of our recommended apps find the right photo editing app that gives you the perfect spice you want in your photographs.
You can try Snapseed or Insta Square Size for a start as a beginner, and switch to the more sophisticated Adobe Photoshop Express. Enjoy.
If you found this list of 10 best photo editing apps for android in 2019 helpful, do well to share this information on other social networks by making use of the buttons below. You can also share your reviews, experiences and suggestions in the comments section below.