Civic Education Examination Questions for SS3 Students|First Term–2018/2019 FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
[button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]Subject: Civic Education Class: SS 3 Time: 1 Hour[/button]
Instruction: Answer ALL Questions in Section A and any FOUR Questions from both Section B and Section C
- The societal value which members are expected to uphold in order to ensure development is (a) title (b) integrity (c) apathy (d) compromise
- Members of a society are expected to adhere to societal values for the following reasons except (a) enhancement of development (b) improvement of self dignity (c) reduction of social vices (d) relegation of morality
- An attribute of honesty is (a) tolerance (b) justice (c) compromise (d) liberty
- Discipline is described as the (a) ability to show hospitality (b) state or quality of being brave (c) tendency to fight (d) ability to behave in a controlled manner
- The saying, “ask for what you can do for your country and not what your country can do for you” denotes that (a) the country owes you no obligation as a citizen (b) citizens have both constitutional rights and obligations (c) fundamental rights are to be safeguarded by citizens (d) service and reward do not go together
- In the contemporary society, youths can display nationalistic role by showing the following attitude except (a) discouraging corrupt practices (b) exploiting the environment for the betterment of the people (c) contributing to the development of the society (d) showing indifference to national issues
- The defence of the territorial integrity of a country by her citizens is part of (a) political participation (b) self-determination (c) political culture (d) duties and obligations
- An agency established by the Federal Government of Nigeria to protect rights of citizens is (a) centre for Human rights and development (b) human rights watch (c) legal aid council (d) human rights monitor
- The universal declaration of Human rights (UDHR) was adopted by (a) Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) (b) United Nations Organization (UNO) (c) African Union (AU) (d) European Union (EU)
- The best means through which individual rights can be safeguarded is (a) knowledge acquisition (b) judicial independence (c) press censorship (d) improved standard of living
- The effect of queuing up in public places is (a) orderliness (b) transparency (c) honesty (d) humility
- A father that effectively discharges his duty towards his children could be described as a (a) philanthropist (b) celebrity (c) responsible parent (d) permissive father
- A programme established to foster common ties among Nigerians is (a) Subsidy Re-investment Programme (SURE-P) (b) Universal Basic Education (UBE) (c) Education Trust Fund (d) National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
Use the dialogue below to answer questions 14 to 16
Ade: Uche, are you not going to work today?
Uche: I will go, but by public transport.
Uche: One of the side mirrors of my car is broken and also, the car emits excessive smoke.
- Uche’s action, based on the dialogue above, can help in (a) reducing road accidents (b) increasing air pollution (c) encouraging public transportation (d) ensuring vehicles functionality
- An implication of Uche’s action from the above dialogue is that he is (a) afraid of federal road safety corps (b) considerate of other road users (c) afraid of Civil Defence Corps (d) environmentally friendly
- From the above dialogue, it could be implied that Uche is mindful of (a) driving school code (b) when to use public transport (c) traffic regulations (d) His obligations as a citizen
- Which of the following is not a skill for settling inter-communal conflict? (a) war (b) dialogue (c) mediation (d) arbitration
- One of the advantages of inter-communal relationship is that it ensures the (a) existence of totalitariansism (b) domination of the minority (c) domination of the majority by the minority (d) enhancement of security
- Which of the following skills negates the promotion of interpersonal relationship? (a) tolerance (b) selfishness (c) caring (d) kindness
Use the cartoon in Figure 1 to answer questions 20 to 22
- The cartoon in Figure 1 is an evidence that cultism is (a) violent in nature (b) terrorists in nature (c) martial in nature (d) militant in nature
- What does the boy in Figure 1 need the bullet proof for? (a) demonstration (b) protection (c) battle (d) vengeance
- It could be inferred from the cartoon in Figure 1 that the activities of cult groups on campus may not be reduced by (a) religious instruction (b) campaign against cultism (c) relevant legislation (d) bullet proof vest
- Which of the following is not a common way by which people abuse drugs? (a) ingestion (b) intrusion (c) inhalation (d) injection
- The establishment of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) by the government was a measure to (a) make drugs available to the masses (b) prevent drug abuse (c) encourage the use of drug by the masses (d) support importation of drugs
- A common repercussion for drug abuse is (a) medication (b) rehabilitation (c) brain drain (d) memory loss
- Which of the following is a way of preventing drug trafficking? (a) foreign scholarship (b) employment (c) motivation (d) indulging offenders
- A major consequence of human trafficking is (a) promotion of rural-urban drift (b) decline in literacy rate (c) increased rate of youth employment (d) increased exploitation of the ignorant
- Human trafficking results into all the following except (a) prostitution (b) migration (c) criminality (d) welfarism
- The group of individuals in the society that are mostly prone to human trafficking are (a) women and children (b) youth women and men (c) men and vulnerable children (d) old and weak individuals
- An enlightenment and awareness campaign on HIV/AIDS could (a) lead to discrimination (b) create job opportunities (c) cause conflict (d) provide people with genuine information
- Which of these is not a form of stigmatization? (a) refusal to interact with family of an HIV patient (b) Physical and verbal abuse of HIV/AIDS patient (c) ostracizing HIV patient (d) enlightening people living with HIV/AIDS
- Testing of blood before transfusion will greatly help to (a) spread HIV (b) control HIV (c) eradicate HIV (d) prevent HIV.
Use the report below to answer questions 33 and 34
The crime rate in Aikara community which was notoriously high before has drastically reduced in recent times. This has been attributed to the funds released by the government for youth empowerment in the community two years ago.
- From the above report, which of the following is the major consequence of the intervention programme? (a) increase in self-reliance skills (b) promotion of inter-communal relation (c) provision of infrastructural facilities (d) acceleration of national development
- From the above report, a probable reason for the initial high crime rate in Aikara community was (a) poor upbringing (b) corruption (c) abject poverty (d) greed
- One of functions of local government is (a) settlement of intra-party crisis (b) making of bye-laws (c) formulation of monetary policies (d) delimitation of constituencies
- A body establishment and entrusted with power and authority to direct the affairs of a state is called (a) Federal Executive Council (b) State Legislative Council (c) trusteeship (d) government
- Which of the following concepts can guarantee adherence to the rule of law? (a) political immunity (b) political gerrymandering (c) national development (d) representative democracy
- According to the 1999 Constitution, sovereignty resides in the (a) commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces (b) people who confer legitimacy on elected leaders (c) national assembly which has power to make laws and amend the constitution (d) military which can declare any law null, void and of no effect
- In a democratic government, franchise is given to all (a) party members (b) resident adults (c) adult citizens (d) opinion leaders
- A significant companion of the rules of law is the (a) fusion of legislative and executive functions (b) supremacy of the ordinary law (c) adoption of one party system (d) enforcement of law by the legislature
- Operation of the rule of law could be undermined by the (a) existence of civil society groups (b) existence of free press (c) establishment of administrative tribunals (d) encouragement of effective opposition
Use the dialogue to below to answer questions 42 and 43
Ini: The recent Constitutional Conference organized by the federal government gulped a lot of money
Emem: That type of conference can only happen where there is a democratic governance which permits respect for all shades of opinion.
Ini: So, the federal government cannot solely take decision and ratify them?
Emem: No, that will negate the fundamental principles of democracy.
- The above dialogue shows that democracy could result into (a) inefficiency (b) corruption (c) absolute liberty (d) high cost of governance
- It could be inferred from the dialogue above that democracy encourages (a) tolerance (b) development (c) job creation (d) delegation legislation
- The most suitable form of democracy for a small village or community is (a) constitutional democracy (b) indirect democracy (c) communal democracy (d) direct democracy
- Which of the following is not a major reason for political apathy? (a) political violence (b) unfulfilled political promises (c) bad governance (d) cross carpeting phenomenon
- The chapter iv of the 1999 constitution of Nigeria is about (a) composition of the National Assembly (b) fundamental human rights (c) procedures for the impeachment of the President (d) formation of quorum in the Senate
- Which of the following may prevent a citizen from voting in a general election? (a) lack of stable income (b) high cost of living (c) non-registration (d) political neutrality
- An organized group that is independent of the state could be described as (a) civil defence (b) pressure group (c) community group (d) civil society
- The smooth operation of the Public Service in Nigeria is being hampered by (a) debt burden (b) adequate training (c) privatisation policy (d) bribery and corruption
- The Public Service can perform all these functions except (a) advise government on policy formulation (b) keeping of government records (c) provision of social services (d) budget approval for implementation
- The highest class in the Public Service in Nigeria is the (a) clerical (b) manipulative (c) technical (d) administrative
THEORY-Instruction: Answer four questions in all, choosing at least two questions from each section. All questions carry equal marks
SECTION B–NATIONAL ETHICS, DISCIPLINE, RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
Instruction: Answer at least one question from this section
1a. Define interpersonal relationships (2 Marks)
- State four ways acts of kindness can promise interpersonal relationships (8 Marks)
2a. Define traffic regulations (2 Marks)
- Outline six reasons why inspection of vehicle documents is necessary in Nigeria
3a. Define responsible parenthood (2 Marks)
- Explain four importance of responsible parenthood to national development
SECTION C–EMERGING ISSUES IN THE SOCIETY
Instruction: Answer at least two questions from this section
- Outline any five functions of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Traffic in Persons and other Related Matters (NAPTIP) (10 marks)
5a. State three reasons why high incidence of cultism constitutes a national problem
- List five reasons why eradication of cultism in schools will promote national development (3 Marks)
- Highlights two factors hindering the eradication of cultism in Nigeria schools
- Explain five ways Civic education can help eradicate drug addiction among youths (10 Marks)
[button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””] RECOMMENDED LINKS:[/button]
- Government Examination Questions for Senior Secondary School|SS2
- FURTHER MATHEMATICS EXAMINATION QUESTIONS FOR SS3
- English Language Examination Questions For Senior Secondary School Students|SS3
- English Studies Examination Questions for Junior Secondary School|JSS2
- Economics Examination Questions for Senior Secondary School|SS2 First Term|
- Agricultural Science Examination Questions for Senior Secondary School Students (SS3)|Second Term
- Basic science junior secondary school mock examination questions
- Chemistry Exam Question For Senior Secondary School (III) Students
- Computer Studies Examinations For all Students(A-Z)
Join Over 400,000+ Readers Online Now.
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest Information from 247amend via push Notification
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [Adverts@247amend.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
- Know the True Benefits of Payday or Bad Credit Loans in Canada
- How to stand out from so many bloggers through image optimization nowadays
- Savefromnet Review: Is It Safe to Download YouTube Videos
- 5 environmental apps you should start using today to save our future
- What Are the Best Websites for Audio File Uploading and Sharing?
- EFCC Recruitment 2020 Form Efccnigeria.org/efcc/career registration guide
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Review and 50% 0ff now
- What Is The Best Platform to Develop Web Applications?
- How to Download and Use the bolt app on Android phone(Bolt app,formally Taxify)
- How To Buy And Sell On Jiji.ng(Complete review of Jiji.ng website)
List of countries in South America
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””]List of countries in South America[/button] List of countries in South America--This...
List of countries in North America
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]List of countries in North America[/button] Countries in North America-North America is a continent...
15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland 2019 for Student Worldwide
Table of Contents 15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland 2019 for Student Worldwide15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Review, Full Specifications and Price
Table of Contents Samsung Galaxy Note 10 ReviewFull SpecificationsAnnouncementPlatformNetwork and ConnectionsBodyDisplayStorageCameraSensorsBatteryColoursPriceOpinions Spread the love Get your hands on it! Samsung...
List of countries in Europe
Spread the love List of countries in Europe-Europe is a unique continent, which is not surrounded by water from all...
List of countries in Africa
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””]List of countries in Africa[/button] Countries in Africa–Surrounded by water from all...
List of countries in Asia
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”” link=””]Countries in Asia[/button] Countries in Asia-Being the largest continent in the world unlike Australia/Oceania...
List of countries in Australia / Oceania
Spread the love List of countries in Australia / Oceania Countries in Australia / Oceania–The smallest continent in the world,...
Full List of 7 continents of the world
Table of Contents [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]ASIA[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]NORTH AMERICA[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]SOUTH...
Top Highest Paid Footballers in Nigerian Professional Football League
Table of Contents [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]Top Highest Paid Footballers in Nigerian Professional Football League[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d”...
All Jobs Questions & Answers1 month ago
12 Nigerian Postal Service Job Responsibilities, Take Note!
Technology2 weeks ago
Mtn YouTube Streaming Plan: How to power all Apps
Education2 weeks ago
How to Find a Good Online College 2019 in United States
Blog4 weeks ago
Face App- Everything You Need To Know About The App
Latest Jobs4 weeks ago
Nigeria Customs Service Shortlisted Candidates 2019/2020 | Download PDF | NCS Shortlist | Customs Shortlisted Names 2019/2020
Business &Money3 weeks ago
Are you creative? Get N500m from UBA to push your music, tech or fashion business in 2020
Mobile phones1 month ago
How to Share Your Data bundle on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
Cryptocurrencies1 month ago
Top 10 Cryptocurrencies to Buy in 2019