ALSO CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING EXAM QUESTIONS=>
- English Studies Examination Questions for JSS2
- English Studies Examination Questions for JSS2
- Examination Questions for Senior Secondary School SS2|
- Civic Education Examination Questions for Junior Secondary School JSS1
- English Languange Examinations Questions for Secondary school Students SS3
- SECOND TERM’S EXAMINATION
- SUBJECT: GEOGRAPHY
- CLASS: SS 3
- TIME: 2 1/2 HRS
Answer all the questions
- Which of the following is not being exported by Nigeria at present (a) Cocoa (b) Columbite (c) hides and skin
- Which of the following is a typical ocean floor feature? (a) Roche (B) Moutonnee (c) deep sea plain (d) cave
- When the roof of a coastal care collapse ,it forms (a) a doline (b) a geo (c) a gorge (d) a lagoon
- Soil profile refers to the ……… of the soil (a) gradient (b) slope (c) vertical section (d) mineral composition
- The layer of earth found immediately beneath the crest is called _____ (a) Hydrosphere (b) Lithosphere (c) mesosphere (d) Biosphere
- The busiest shipping route in the world is (a) South Atlantic, cape route (b) The Mediterranean. Asiatic route (c) The North Pacific Route (d) The North Atlantic Route
- The two most populous and heavily industrialized parts of the world are (a) Western Europe and the Caribbean countries (b) Eastern part of North American and the West Coasts of Africa America. (d) Eastern part of North America and Argentina
- Which of the following planets has the shortest orbits around the sun? (a) Pluto (b) Venus (C) Mercury (d) Mars
- The apparent movement of the sun occurs between the (a) North pole and South pole (b) Tropic of cancer and tropic of Capricorn (c) Equator and North pole (c) Arctic circle and Antarctic circle
10. When the moon is seen between the sun and the earth there is (a) Eclipse of the sun (b) Eclipse of the moon (c) Partial Eclipse (d) Total eclipse
11. Changes of seasons is a result (a) Inclination of the rotation of the earth (b) Inclination of the earth only (d) Revolution and inclination of the earth .
12. Tides are caused by the gravitational pull of (a) The mars and the sun (b) Stars and the ocean (d) the stars and the moon.
13. Which of the following is a plutonic rock? (a) Granite (b) Coal (c) Basket (d) Quartzite
14. Which of the following is a metamorphic rock? (a) Sandstone (b) Graphite (c) Dolomite (d) Basalt
15. Which of the following features is not associated with Vulcanicity? (a) Sill (b) Laccolith (c) Batholiths (d) canyon
16. When mayma intrudes along the bedding planes, it solidifies to form a (a) Dyke (b) Sill (c) Batholith
17. A features not associated with chalk and limestone region is (a) Swallow–hole (b) Stalactite (C) Dry valley (d) Barchan
18. The prevent types of rock in a Karst landscape is (a) Grante (b) Conglomerates (c) Limestone (d) Basalt
19. The permanent rock in which ground water is stored is known as (a) Catena (b) aquifer (c) playa (d) polje
20. A major feature found in a river in its youthful stage is. (a) waterfall (b) Delta (c) Meander (d) flood plain
21. The most powerful agent of marine erosion is the (a) Swash (b) Winds (c) Waves (d) undertow
22. When the cave roof of a blow hole collapse, the narrow roads inlet created is known as (a) geo (b) gloup (c) Dyke (d) Split
23. In the desert , the area which is fertile known as (a) Wadi (b) Oasi (c) Salina (d) Playa
24. Which of the following gives the best explanation for the high daily temperature ranges in hot deserts? (a) cloudless sky (b) low rainfall (c) bare surface (d) midday overhead sun
25. The instrument for measuring wind speed is the (a) wind rose (b) anemometer (c) wind vane (d) barometer
26. Places with equal air pressure are shown on maps by lines called (a) Isotherms (b) Contours (c) Isobars (d) Isohalines
27. The layer of the atmosphere which is responsible for the weather on the surface of the earth is known as (a) Thermosphere (b) Mesosphere (c) Troposphere (d) Ionosphere
28. Which of the following may occur as a result of concentration of carbon dioxide and sulphuric compounds in the atmosphere? (a) Cyclonic rain (b) Acid rain (c) Hurricanes (d) Thunderstorms
29. The dark colour of the soli often indicates the (a) rate of weathering (b) Mineral and humus content (c) extent of erosion (d) Nature of parent rock.
30. The forest is luxuriant and evergreen, it has three distinct layers of trees. Typical trees include mahogany, Iroko, and ebony which vegetation belt is described above? (a) Warm temperate forest (b) Tropical rain forest (c) coniferous forest (d) Mediterranean forest
31. Which of the following is not an example of tropical hard wood? (a) Spade (b) Iroko (c) Wawa (d) Obeche
32. Which of the following farm practices can be used to check soil erosion? (a) Monoculture (b) Bush burning (c) Shifting Cultivation (d) Terrace farming.
33. Which of the following areas has high population density? (a) The middle belt of West Africa (b) The Nile basin (c) The Amazon basin (d) Queen land in Australia
34. A conurbation is (a) a city which extends over a million hectares of land and is characterised by skyscrapers (b) a large city with over one million people (c) a merger of more than one settlement to form a continuous built-up area, with each retaining its identify (d) The concentration of settlement along both sides of a road
35. Urbanization can be described as (a) Growth of towns in terms of number, population and size (b) Eventual merging of two urban centres to form a single sprawling city (c) Migration of people from urban to rural areas.
36. Which of the following is not a problem of urbanization in West Africa? (a) Development of slums (b) Increase in prostitution (c) Establishment of industries (d) Poor waste management
37. Which of the following is a secondary economic activity? (a) Bauxite mining (b) Petty trading (c) Food processing (d) mixed farming
38. Which of the following is not an important industrial region in Nigeria? (a) The middle belt of Nigeria (b) North central industrial zone (c) Western part of Nigeria (d) The East Central industrial zone
39. The practice of cultivating crops and rearing animals on the same farm is known as (a) mixed farming (b) mixed cropping (c) shifting cultivation (d) transhumance
40. River transportation is mostly limited in Africa by (a) drainage (b) relief (c) waterfalls (d) weather
41. Which of the following is not a major reason for the location of industries near urban centres in West Africa? (a) Cheap labour (b) Ready market (c) Availability of power (d) Promotion of export
42. Which of the following is the most important factor limiting the volume of trade among West African countries? (a) emergence of trade blocks (b) production of similar products (c) size of market (d) too many political boundaries
43. Which of the following economic activities is not practised in the Southern part of West Africa? (a) Cocoa cultivation (b) Oil palm production (c) Cattle rearing (d) Mineral processing
44. Cork-oak is to Mediterranean lands as cactus is to (a) Temperate lands (b) Tropical lands (c) Hot desert lands (d) Equatorial lands
45. Which of the following is the major effect of drought in the Sahel region of West Africa? (a) Increased solar energy (b) population migration (c) Temperature inversion (d) Rapid development of cities
46. Through which of the following sea routes is crude oil from West Africa transported to European markets? (a) The Panama Canal route (b) The Cape route (c) The Suez Canel route (d) The North Atlantic route
47. What method of mining is used for extracting petroleum in Africa? (a) Crushing (b) Drilling (c) Adit (d) Open Cast
48. What is the name of the local wind that blows in West Africa between November and February? (a) Harmattan (b) Chinook (c) Monsoon wind (d) land breeze
49. Which of the following modes of transportation provides door-to-door services? (a) Road transport (b) Rail transport (c) Ocean navigation (d) air transport
50. Which of the following is the first stage in the process of lumbering? (a) trees are cut into logs (b) suitable species are identified (c) trees are felled with power saw (d) platforms are built for buttress trees
Study the map ADAGOLE DISTRICT, attached and use it to answer questions 51 to 60
51. The scale of the map in statement form is (a) 1 centimetre on the map represents 1 kilometre on the ground (b) 2 centimetres on the map represents 1 kilometre on the ground (c) 3 centimetres on the map represents 1 kilometre on the ground (d) 4 centimetres on the map represents 1 kilometre on the ground
52. Farming is common in the (a) North Western part of the map (b) North Eastern part of the map (c) South Western part of the map (d) South Eastern part of the map
53. The Western part of R. Gembeh flows through (a) a delta (b) a gorge (c) a levee (d) an undulating plain
54. The point where R. Isbo meets with R. Gembeh is called (a) an entrepot (b) a watershed (c) a lagoon (d) a confluence
55. The contour interval on the map is (a) 50metres (b) 100 metres (c) 150 metres (d) 200 metres
56. The lowest point in the mapped area is (a) North-east (b) South-east (c) South-west (d) North-west
57. The distance as the crow flies from Bebe to Bodel is (a) 12.75km (b) 10.00km (c) 7.25km (d) 5.25km
58. The bearing of Bodel from Bede is (a) 25.0o (b) 255.0o (c) 115.0o (d) 150.0o
59. Which of the following statements is true about the drainage of the mapped area? (a) The watershed from which the rivers take their sources is in the North-west (b) R. Isbo and R. Gembeh are the two rivers that drain the district (c) R. Gembeh has many distributaries (d) An ox-bow lake has been formed at the point of intersection of R. Isbo and R. Gembeh
60. The common modes of transportation in the mapped area are (a) railway and water (b) pipeline and railway (c) road and water (d) air and water
Answer four questions in all
1a. Give fur reasons why countries engage in world trade (4 marks)
b. Name any two sea routes through which Nigeria trades with the outside world (2 marks)
c. Name four commodities of international trade between Nigeria and other countries (two import and two export). (4 marks)
2a. On a sketch map of Nigeria, locate and name
(i) two game reserves (4 marks)
(ii) one important town in each of the areas identified above (2 marks)
b. Suggest three ways by which tourism may be boosted in Nigeria (3 marks)
3a. Name the three types of rainfall (3 marks)
b. With the aid of relevant diagrams, describe the formation and characteristics of any two types named above (7 marks)
4a. What is the shape of the earth? (2 marks)
b. With the aid of appropriate diagrams, give four proofs to support your answer in (a) above.
5. Represent the information in table (1) below by means of pie chart, the value of the most important exports of Nigeria in 1980, both in percentage and in degrees.
A table showing value of the most important exports of Nigeria in 1980
|Export Product||Value in Million|
|Cocoa Groundnut Petroleum Coal Others||200 140 240 50 90|
6a. What is Environmental Pollution? (2 marks)
b. Describe three cause of environmental pollution. (6 marks)
c. Outline two ways in which environmental pollution can be controlled. (2 marks)
ALSO CHECK OUT==>
- English Studies Examination Questions for JSS2
- Geography Examination Questions for Senior Secondary School SS2|
- Agricultural Science Examination Questions for Secondary School Students in SS3|Second Terminal Examination Questions
- Further Mathematics Examination Questions for Senior Secondary School SS3|SS3 Questions
Join Over 400,000+ Readers Online Now.
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest Information from 247amend via push Notification
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [Adverts@247amend.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
- Know the True Benefits of Payday or Bad Credit Loans in Canada
- How to stand out from so many bloggers through image optimization nowadays
- Savefromnet Review: Is It Safe to Download YouTube Videos
- 5 environmental apps you should start using today to save our future
- What Are the Best Websites for Audio File Uploading and Sharing?
- EFCC Recruitment 2020 Form Efccnigeria.org/efcc/career registration guide
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Review and 50% 0ff now
- What Is The Best Platform to Develop Web Applications?
- How to Download and Use the bolt app on Android phone(Bolt app,formally Taxify)
- How To Buy And Sell On Jiji.ng(Complete review of Jiji.ng website)
List of countries in South America
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””]List of countries in South America[/button] List of countries in South...
List of countries in North America
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]List of countries in North America[/button] Countries in North America-North America is a...
15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland 2019 for Student Worldwide
Table of Contents 15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland 2019 for Student Worldwide15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Review, Full Specifications and Price
Table of Contents Samsung Galaxy Note 10 ReviewFull SpecificationsAnnouncementPlatformNetwork and ConnectionsBodyDisplayStorageCameraSensorsBatteryColoursPriceOpinions Spread the love Get your hands on it!...
List of countries in Europe
Spread the love List of countries in Europe-Europe is a unique continent, which is not surrounded by water from...
List of countries in Africa
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””]List of countries in Africa[/button] Countries in Africa–Surrounded by water from...
List of countries in Asia
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”” link=””]Countries in Asia[/button] Countries in Asia-Being the largest continent in the world unlike...
List of countries in Australia / Oceania
Spread the love List of countries in Australia / Oceania Countries in Australia / Oceania–The smallest continent in the...
Full List of 7 continents of the world
Table of Contents [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]ASIA[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]NORTH AMERICA[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]SOUTH...
Top Highest Paid Footballers in Nigerian Professional Football League
Table of Contents [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]Top Highest Paid Footballers in Nigerian Professional Football League[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d”...
All Jobs Questions & Answers1 month ago
12 Nigerian Postal Service Job Responsibilities, Take Note!
Technology2 weeks ago
Mtn YouTube Streaming Plan: How to power all Apps
Education2 weeks ago
How to Find a Good Online College 2019 in United States
Blog4 weeks ago
Face App- Everything You Need To Know About The App
Latest Jobs4 weeks ago
Nigeria Customs Service Shortlisted Candidates 2019/2020 | Download PDF | NCS Shortlist | Customs Shortlisted Names 2019/2020
Business &Money3 weeks ago
Are you creative? Get N500m from UBA to push your music, tech or fashion business in 2020
Mobile phones1 month ago
How to Share Your Data bundle on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
Cryptocurrencies1 month ago
Top 10 Cryptocurrencies to Buy in 2019