How to Make Money Driving Uber in Nigeria.
Driving Uber in Nigeria-Uber is one beautiful thing that has ever happened in the world of ICT just like Bolt, formally Taxify. Do you know that here In Nigeria you can now request for a cap just with the help of an app from the comfort of your home using your smartphone? Interesting right? Yes, Uber taxi company make it possible. You are now wondering what is Uber taxi?
Don’t just worry that is why we are here, in this article we are going to discuss everything you need to know about driving uber in Nigeria and how you can make money driving uber in Nigeria.
What is Uber?
Uber is simply a taxi company which helps people get a comfortable taxi from anywhere with the help of a smartphone application.
What is required of any customer is to download the app to his or her phone and when a taxi is needed, just request one with just a button.
Immediately the app will match the customer to the nearest pre-verified taxi. The app charges the customer from the registered card and the driver gets paid directly into his bank account weekly.
Thereafter, with the email you used to create an account, a fare breakdown will be sent to you after the ride.
Are you using Bolt? CHECK OUT THIS –How to Cancel A Ride Request on Taxify(Bolt)-Canceling a Ride(support.taxify.eu)
How to make money driving Uber in Nigeria
Uber is a partnership business, the company doesn’t own any vehicle they only provide software that connects the drivers with customers.
Therefore, you can start making money with uber if you own a car, partnership with them and start driving and picking up uber customers.
You can also hire drivers to drive them if u have a fleet of cars. I will suggest driving it yourself as the most affordable and easiest way.
The company takes a commission of 20% while 80% is credited to the diver’s bank account per week or per month depending on how you choose.
How to Register in Uber Network
Below is the various area which you can register in uber company.
- As a driver even when you do not own a car.
- As a vehicle owner who wants to drive.
- As a vehicle owner but want to employ someone to drive for you.
However, if you are a car owner and you want to drive for yourself or you own a car but you want someone to drive it for you, you are requested to scan copy of the document below.
- A 2006 or newer car in very good condition, which Uber will require that you bring in for an inspection.
- Your driver’s license (for ID purposes)
- Your third-party vehicle insurance certificate
- Your vehicle inspection clearance papers
To undergo the registration, visit their official website online @ www.uber.com, select your desired category and proceed.
Thereafter, visit www.vault.uber.com and provide your payment details for your where uber can send your payment every week.
Below is the information you need to have handy while visiting www.vault.uber.com
- Your name as it appears on the account
- Your account number
- Swift code of your bank branch. (If you don’t know your swift code, just ask the next time you’re at the branch)
- Tax Identification Number
- Bank code
How to Register as a Driver Even When you do not Own a Car
Below are the required items:
- Drivers Licence: this can be obtained from the FRSC.
- state drivers institute ID card.
- Background check: this is carried out after the driver has been accepted and has completed the training. It costs ₦20,000 but can be paid in 5 installments of ₦4,000 each. It is a check Uber carries out with the police, which demonstrates that you have no criminal convictions or charges against your name, and is for the safety of passengers.
- If the driver is not the vehicle owner, you will also need a contract agreement between the driver and the owner.
How to Register a Car Even When you do not want to drive
To register your vehicle only the following item is required:
- Vehicle Licence
- Certificate of road worthiness (You can get this from the FRSC)
- Tint permit if your windows are tinted.
- Proof of ownership
- Comprehensive Insurance. they compared insuring a 2009 Toyota Camry worth N2.9m across 10 Nigerian insurers and they got quotes ranging from N62,500 to N150,000 annually.
Yes, the above information is all that it takes to start making money with uber driving in Nigeria, please if you have any question don’t fail to drop it in the comment box below.
ALSO CHECK OUT=>