The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
RELATED KEYWORDS ALSO SEARCHED FOR;
- How To Apply For Monitoring Assistant at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) 2019?
- Where can I obtain the form for Monitoring Assistant at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- When is the deadline for Monitoring Assistant at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Recruitment 2019?
- Monitoring Assistant at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Requirement and Guidelines?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring Assistant, G5
Requisition #: 106866
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Slot: 5 Openings
Contract type: FT
Position grade: G5
Contract duration: 12 months
- This job is found primarily in WFP Field based Offices, and job holders typically report to Programme Policy Officer or Programme Associate. The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the office.
- At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities related to monitoring that require some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
- To coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
Under the general guidance of the deputy head of area office and the direct supervision of the National M&E Officer, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Monitor distributions of assistance (food, cash-based transfers, non-food items), activity implementation (activity sites, warehouses, retailer performance), and project outcomes at households using digitized, standardized questionnaires and resolving routine issues to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standard and goals;
- Facilitate discussions with the people WFP serves, project management committees, community leaders, and cooperating partners on distribution arrangements, entitlements, and other relevant issues to support effective communication flow and efficient operations;
- Gather complaints and feedback from the people and communities WFP serves through outreach efforts using the standardized in-take form, escalating issues through the approved referral pathways, where appropriate;
- Prepare field mission reports to document monitoring findings and escalate where appropriate,
- Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes;
- Review proposals for potential partners, providing feedback related to overall quality and specifically from an M&E perspective;
- Provide direct feedback on cooperating partner performance during monthly partners’ meetings and performance evaluations;
- Provide surge support for operational teams, including but not limited to COMET-LESS reconciliation, SCOPE data entry, etc., if and as required;
- Perform any other duties, as required.
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Capability Name: Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Strategic Management: Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.
- Performance Management: Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.
- Qualitative/Quantitative Methodology: Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.
- Data Analytics and Visualization: Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries
- planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.
- Programme Monitoring and Review: Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.
- Field mission reports;
- Completed questionnaires uploaded to the central server;
- Complaints and feedback in-take forms uploaded to the central server;
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Completion of secondary school; post-secondary certificate in related functional area;
- Professional experience: Three years post-secondary experience in humanitarian work;
- Technical skills: Experience utilizing computer software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases; proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Tableau will be an added advantage;
- Language: Excellent spoken and written English; fluency in one local language (Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa Arabic, etc.);
- General: Knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
Desired Experiences for entry into the Role:
- Experience collecting primary quantitative and qualitative data using digital platforms;
- Experience with handling sensitive and confidential matters;
- Demonstrated knowledge (through certified courses or professional experience) of humanitarian and developmental principles;
- Analytical capacity, attention to detail, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, tact;
- Ability to communicate clearly orally, in writing, and when relaying complex messages to a diverse audience;
- Ability to establish effective working relations with persons of different backgrounds;
- Ability to cope with situations which may create some level of psychological trauma;
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description.
WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit International Civil Service Commision website: http://icsc.un.org (link: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/nigeria.htm).
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position
- Applications are to be submitted and recieved online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year.
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills. Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
RECOMMENDED JOBS TO ALSO APPLY FOR
- Latest Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment News
- ARCN Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment Application
- Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
- Department of State Service (DSS) Recruitment 2019
- MTN Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Andela Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc 2019/2020 Recruitment
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment Form 2019
- Police Service Commission (PSC) Recruitment
- Federal Road Safety Recruitment 2019
- Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) Recruitment 2019