Nigerian Prison Service Past Questions And Answers |Grab Your Copy
We have complied and arranged few Questions and answers on the Nigerian prison service, you can go through them, study and get yourself acquainted with the questions. For fully compiled questions and answers of over 100+ solved NPS recruitment test questions, you have to order it from us.
The Nigerian Prisons Service may conduct a Computer Based Test (CBT) for successful candidates. Therefore, we must all practice NPS Past Questions and Answers, for the benefits of candidates who will be taking part in the aptitude test/examination.
Nigerian Prisons Service Past Questions and Answers from Previous Years.
1. What is the core mission of the Nigerian Prison service?
Ans= To promote public protection by providing assistance for offenders in their reformation and rehabilitation under safe, secure and humane conditions in accordance with universally accepted standard and to facilitate their social reintegration into society
2.What are the functions of the Nigerian Prison Service?
ANS=> The Nigerian Prisons Service derives its operational powers from CAP P29 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 to
i. take into lawful custody all those certified to be so kept by courts of competent jurisdiction;
ii. produce suspects in courts as and when due;
iii. identify the causes of their anti-social dispositions;
iv. set in motion mechanisms for their treatment and training for eventual reintegration into society as normal law abiding citizens on discharge; and
v. Administer Prisons Farms and Industries for this purpose and in the process generate revenue for the government.
3. What is the current total Inmate population as at July, 2019?
4. What is the current percentage of Female Prisoners in Nigerian prisons?
5.What the total number of Prisons in Akwa Ibom State/
6.What is the total number of prison in FCT, ABUJA?
7.The Finance and Budget Directorate is responsible for —
ANS=> charged with the responsibility of formulating, preparing, monitoring, evaluating, appraising, disbursing and supervising approved budgetary allocations for each year. This it does in addition to preparing and defending/justifying yearly budgetary proposals.
8.What is the current number of Convicted Male Prisoners in the country?
9. What are the functions of the Operations Directorate Department of the Nigerian Prison service?
The Operations Directorate has the responsibility of, among others:
- Ensuring that all prisons nation-wide are administered according to law and managed in conformity with the United Nations Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners (The Mandela Rules);
- Ensuring the maintenance of acceptable standard of activities in all prisons according to their security categorization;
- Ensuring proper control by setting appropriate machinery in motion for effective monitoring of inmates for enhanced security management: thwarting escapes, prevention and containment of riots and generally providing secure environment for the staff and inmates in the performance of prison duties;
- Collecting statistical data for planning and research for improved service delivery;
- Enlightening the general public on the activities of the Service thereby enlisting their cooperation toward the reintegration of discharged inmates into the society;
- Securing escort duty staff as well as the inmates they convey to and from courts and prisons;
10.The Prisons Arms Training School is located in
11.The current national Headquaters of the Nigerian Prison service is?
ANS=>Bill Clinton Drive, Airport Road Abuja
12.The Ministry that overseas the activities of the Nigerian Prisons is the
A. Federal Ministry of Defence
B. Federal Ministry of Interior
C. Federal Ministry of Culture and Tourism
D. Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports
13. How many directorates does the Nigerian Prisons have
14. The Prisons is the …. arm of the Criminal Justice system after the police and courts
15. The two major convict prisons operational in Nigeria today are
A. The maximum and minimum prisons
B. The maximum and medium security prisons
C. The ordinary and execution prisons
D. The trial and convict prisons
16. The intermediate prison camps set up mainly in areas with courts that are far from the main prisons are called
A. interlocurity prisons
B. transit prisons
C. tentative prisons
D. satelite prisons
17. Prison camps set up to train inmates on agro-based skills so that they can be self-employed upon discharge are called
A. Agricultural settlements
B. farm centres
C. vocational centres
D. Skill prisons
18. Which of these is not a paramilitary agency in Nigeria
A. Nigerian Police Force
B. Nigerian Immigration Service
C. Federal Road Safety Corps
D. National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control
19. The Nigerian police belongs to which arm of government
20. Choose the odd one out
NPS- Nigeria Prison Service Few Current Affairs Questions & Answers (Past, Current and Latest 2019)
Question 1: Nigeria’s current president
Answer: Muhammadu Buhari
Question 2: Current vice president
Answer: Prof. Yemi Osinbajo
Question 6: Who formed the first political party in Nigeria?
Answer: Herbert Macaulay
Question 7: What was the first political party in Nigeria?
Answer: Nigerian National Democratic party (NNDP)
Question 8: What does the eagle in the Nigerian coat of arm represent?
Question 9: What do the two horses on the Nigerian coat of arm represent?
Question 10: What was the black shield in the Nigerian coat of arm stand for?
Answer: Nigerian’s fertile soil
Question 11: What does the white colour in Nigerian flag stand for?
Question 12: What does the green colour in Nigerian flag represent?
Answer: Forests and abundant natural wealth of Nigeria
Question 13: Nigeria is divided into how many geopolitical zones?
Answer: Six (6) geopolitical zones
Question 14: What was the first capital city in Nigeria?
Question 15: Capital of Nigeria
Question: Who is the current Nigerian Deputy Senate president?
Answer: Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege
Question 16: What is the name of Nigerian senior national team in football (men team)?
Answer: Super Eagles
Question 17: When did Nigerian Golden eaglets win the world under-17 FIFA world cup
Answer: 1985, 1993, 2007, 2013
Question 18: Who was the first female vice chancellor in Nigerian university?
Answer: Grace Alele Williams
Question 19: Who gave Nigeria her name?
Answer: Flora Shaw
Question 20: Who designed the Nigerian flag?
Answer: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi
Question 21: Who was the first man to buy a car in Nigeria?
Answer: Bob Jensen
Question 22: Who was the first woman to buy a car in Nigeria?
Answer: Funmilayo Ransome Kuti
Question 23: Which was the first TV station in Nigeria?
Answer: Western Nigerian Government Broadcasting Corporation (WNTV) in 1959
Question 24: When was Nigeria formed?
Question 25: Where was crude oil first discovered in Nigeria?
Answer: Oloibiri Oilfield, located in Oloibiri in Ogbia LGA of Bayelsa State
Question 26: Who was the first Nigerian to become a Noble Laureate?
Answer: Wole Soyinka
Question 27: Who is the Nigerian current speaker of House of the Representatives?
Answer: Femi Gbajabiamila
Question 28: What is the premier university in Nigeria?
Answer: University of Ibadan
Question 29: Who is the minister for education in Nigeria?
Answer: Adamu Adamu
Question 30: Who is the current chief justice of Nigeria?
OTHER COMMONLY ENCOUNTERED NIGERIAN PRISON SERVICE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. Nigerian Prisons Service operates ________ level of Command
2.The head of the NPS is known as_____
ANS–> Controller-General of the Nigerian Prisons Service
3.List all Directorates of the Nigerian Prison Service?
ANS=>The Directorates are specialized divisions charged with the responsibility of coordinating specific areas of prison administration. They are:
- Administration and Supplies
- Health and Social Welfare
- Finance and Budget
- Inmates’ Training and Productivity
- Works and Logistics
4. The Deputy Controllers-General who head the Directorates report to the__________
5. The Works and Logistics Directorate is the________Unit of the Nigerian prison service
ANS=> infrastructural mainframe Directorate
How to ORDER/PURCHASE FULL AND COMPLETELY PREPARED NPS PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS? PAY BELOW
The cost of the updated NPS Past Questions and Answers is 2000.00 naira
See the payment detail below.
Account Name: JOHNSON JOSEPH
Account Number: 2064705639
Bank: UBA BANK PLC
Electronic Transfers Accepted
After Payment , send the following (1) Email address, (2) depositors name, (3) amount paid (3) Exact Questions Needed and code to 08162534441 on Whatsapp or 08156739977
How are you certain the exact Questions and Answers will be delivered to you after making payment.??
Our services is based on honesty and integrity. That is why we are very popular.