- Npower Jobs
- Emplug|NDLEA-NDLEA 2019 Recruitment SON Jobs
- NNPC Recruitment
- NIPOST JOBS
- CAC Recruitment
- NPF Recruitment
- NUC Recruitment 2019/2020
The Act repeals the Nigerian Prisons Service Act.The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Ita Enang, disclosed this to State House correspondent in Abuja on Wednesday. With the signing, the Nigerian Prisons Service will now be called the Nigerian Correctional Service. The Nigerian correctional service is first of it kind, and Nigeria will be the first country to change its prison service to a correctional service. The Nigerian correctional service, formally Nigerian prison service (NPS) is an agency operated by the Federal Government of Nigeria, right from the headquarters in Abuja. The Nigerian Correctional Service(NCS)Formally Nigerian Prison Service Current News 2019/2020 Currently at the helm of affaisrs in the Nigerian Correctional Service is the Head of the NPS which is the Controller-General of the Nigerian Prisons Service. He is the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the formulations and implementation of penal policies in Nigeria. He is responsible to the President through the Minister of Interior and the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board which the Minister heads. But in matters of prison policy he takes direct responsibility for policy implementation. He is assisted by six (6) Deputy Controllers-General (DCGs) who head the six broad administrative divisions called Directorates into which the Service is broken for efficient management.
Nigerian Correctional Service, formally Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment general requirements
- Interested candidates must be able to present GCE O’Level, SSCE or equivalent certificates, with a minimum of five (5) credits (English compulsory) in not more than two (2) sittings or Trade Test Grade II. Certificates (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
- Applicants must be of Nigerian nationality by birth and must be able to provide adequate proof of nationality.
- All qualifications and certificates must tendered during application, because any one not presented and accepted during recruitment shall not be accepted after the recruitment.
- Applicants must be medically fit and be able to provide backing evidence/medical reports.
- Interested candidates must must not have been convicted of any criminal offences.
- Members of any Secret Society, Cults or Drug Addicts etc. are not permitted to apply
- Applicants must be between ages of 18 and 30 years
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.65m while female applicants must not be less than 1.60m.
- Male applicants must have a chest measurement not below 0.87m.
- Prior computer skills will provide a huge boost.
- Applicants must not be financially embarrassed.
Nigerian correctional service Available Positions & Requirements.CATEGORY A: Superintendent Cadre:
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Medical, CONMESS 02.
- Applicants must be holders of M.B.B.S; M.D; M.D.S; or equivalents from recognized universities.
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Vetinary CONMESS 02.
- Applicants must be holders of D.V.M from recognized universities.
- Deputy Superintendent of Prisons (DSP) Pharmacy, CONHESS 09.
- Applicants must possess Bachelor’s of Pharmacy degrees from recognized universities.
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons. I (ASP.I) CONPASS 09
- Applicants must be holders of master’s degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Lab. Sciences, Architecture, Engineering, Radiology, etc
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons II (ASP.II), CONPASS 08
- Applicants must be holders of first degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Estate/Town Planning, Public Health, Food Sciences, Social Works, etc.
- Senior Inspector of Prisons (SIP), CONPASS 08.
- Applicants must be holders of HND certificates obtained from recognized Polytechnics/Colleges in the following areas: Estate Management, Town Planning, Public Health, Food Sciences, Social Works, etc.
- Inspector of Prisons (IP) Nursing, CONHESS 06.
- Applicants must be Registered Nurses (RN), Registered Midwives (RM) or Registered Nurses/Midwives (RNM) obtained from recognized institutions
- Assistant Inspector of Prisons (AIP) CONPASS 06.
- Applicants must be holders of OND/NCE Obtained from recognized institutions.
- Prisons Assistant I (PAI) CONPASS 05
- Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or their equivalents with a minimum of Five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English and Mathematics or Trade Test Grade 1 (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.) NPS
- Prisons Assistant II (PAII) CONPASS 04
- Applicants must possess the GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalent with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English or Trade Test Grade II. (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
- Prison Assistant III (PA.III) CONPASS 03.
- Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalents with a minimum of three (3) credits in not more than Two (2) sittings, which should include at least English or Mathematics or Trade Test Grade III. (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.).
How to Apply for Nigerian Correctional Service Jobs
- Applications must be Online.
- Candidate are expected to log into the website www.prisons.gov.ng
- Fill and submit the application form online via recruit.prisonsportal.com.ng/recruit
- Candidates are advised to print out the Referee forms which must be duly completed for submission during screening.
- Candidates should NOTE that multiple applications will automatically be disqualified.