Check Mostly Repeated WAEC Examination questions (2ND )-WAEC Questions and Answers on Chemistry for 2019
Here there are in no particular order…..WAEC Questions and Answers on Chemistry for 2019/2020 and the most likely repeated questions to expect . For the first part of this Chemistry Questions,click here
WAEC Questions and Answers on Chemistry for 2019-OBJECTIVE
40. Chemicals that are produced in small quantities and with very high degree of purity are
(a) bulk chemicals (b) fine chemicals (c) heavy chemicals (d) light chemicals
41. How many isotopes has hydrogen?
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5
42. Which of the following metallic oxides is amphoteric?
(a) Al2O3 (b) Fe2O3 (c) MgO (d) Na2O
43. The compound that makes palm wine taste sour after exposure to the air for few days is (a) ethanol (b) ethanoic acid (c) methanol (d) methanoic acid
44. The number of atoms in a compound is called
(a) atomic number (b) avogadro number (c) empirical formula (d) molecular formula
45. Flourine is sometimes added in the treatment of town water to
(a) improve coagulation (b) kill germs and bacteria (c) make the water tasteful (d) prevent tooth decay
46. The pH value of FeCl3 solution is likely to be
(a) 3 (b) 9 (c) 7 (d) 11
47. When a metallic oxide reacts with both acids and bases, the oxide is said to be
(a) acidic (b) amphoteric (c) basic (d) complex
48. The shape of a graphite is
(a) tetrahedral (b) pyramidal (c) hexagonal (d) octahedral
49. When a substance changes directly from the gaseous state to the solid state without forming a liquid, the substance is said to
(a) condense (b) evaporate (c) sublime (d) precipitate
50. The hydrolysis of NH4Cl gives
(a) an acidic solution (b) an alkaline solution (c) a buffer solution (d) a neutral solution
51. Noble gas molecules are held together by
(a) van der waals forces (b) hydrogen bonds (c) dative bonds (d) covalent bonds
52. Which of the following phenomena leads to decrease in volume of liquid in an open container?
(a) Brownian motion (b) diffusion (c) evaporation (d) sublimation
53. The solution which has pH > 7 is
(a) FeCl3 (b) CuSO4 (c) KNO3(aq) (d) Na2CO3 (aq)
54. An aqueous solution of Na2CO3 is
(a) acidic (b) alkaline (c) amphoteric (d) neutral
55. The oxidation number of sulphur in Fe2(SO4)3 is
(a) +2 (b) +3 (c) +4 (d) +6
56. The purity of a solid sample can best be determined by its
(a) boiling point (b) melting point (c) conductivity (d) solubility
57. An element X with electronic configuration 1s22s22p63s2
(a) X2Y5 (b) X2Y3 (c) XY3 (d) XY2
58. The basicity of H2SO4 is _________________
59. CFC means ___________________________
60. What is the term used to describe an oxide whose aqueous solution turns blue litmus red?
(a) strong electrolyte (b) acid anhydride (c) amphoteric oxide (d) basic oxide
61 Which of the following compounds is not a double salt? (a) Zn (oH) NO3 (b) KAl (So4)2 (c) KCr (So4)2 (d) (NH4) Fe (So4)2
62 Which of the following decreases in mass on exposure to air? (a) NaOH (b) Fe (c) FeCl3 (d) Na2Co3.10H2O
63 The laboratory apparatus used in keeping salts is _____________
64. Fractional distillation of petroleum depends on difference in
(a) molar masses (b) densities (c) rate of diffusion (d) free points
65. Separating funnel is used for separating of mixture of
(a) liquids with different boiling points (b) sediments of a liquid (c) liquids with different colours (d) liquids that are immiscible
66. Which of the following is not a separation technique?
(a) sieving (b) dissolution (c) filtration (d) sublimation
67. The method used to separate the components of iodine and alom is _________
68. Which of the following represents a noble gas configuration
(a) 2, 8, 8, 2 (b) 2, 8, 2 (c) 2, 8 (d) 2, 6
69. What is the family name of group 7 elements is ___________
70. Na and Na+ have the same
(a) chemical properties (b) electrical charge (c) electronic configuration (d) number of proton
71. Which allotrope of carbon is a constituent of a lead pencil?
(a) graphite (b) diamond (c) lampblack (d) soot
72. The shape of diamond is ____________
73. The ability of carbon to form multiple bonds with itself to which other atoms are attached is _________
74. Which of these is not a product of the destructive distillate of coal?
(a) ammoniacal liquor (b) benzere (c) coke (d) coal gas
75. A given quantity of gas occupies a volume of 228cm3 at a pressure of 750mmHg. What will be its volume at atmospheric pressure?
(a) 200cm3 (b) 225cm3 (c) 230cm3 (d) 235cm3
76. 30dm3 of oxygen of watm is placed in a 20dm3 container. Calculate the new pressure if the temperature is kept constant
(a) 6.7atm (b) 15.0atm (c) 6.0atm (d) 66.0atm
77. Which of the following expressions correctly represents Charles’ law?
(a) PV = k (b) P & (c) PV = nkT (d) v = kT
78. A fixed mass of gas has a volume of 92cm3 at 3c. What will be its volume at 180C, if the pressure remains constant
(a) 90.8cm3 (b) 97.0cm3 (c) 99.3cm3 (d) 151cm3
79. In the PV = nRT, R represents __________
80. Which of the following is not a natural constituent of the atmosphere?
(a) water vapour (b) carbon (ii) oxide (c) nitrogen (d) carbon (iv) oxide
81. The constituent of air which also acts as a solvent for other constituents is ________
82. Global warming arises from atmospheric pollution by
(a) radioactive fallout (b) carbon (iv) oxide (c) agrochemcials (d) sulphur (iv) oxide
83. The gas that is most useful in protecting humans against solar radiation is
(a) chlorine (b) ozone (c) carbon (iv) oxide (d) hydrogen sulphide
84. When a few drops of water is added to blue anhydrous cabalt (iv) chloride, the coloar changes to
(a) white (b) pink (c) red (d) blue
85. Which of the following processes is not involved in the treatment of water far town supply?
(a) chlorination (b) coagulation (c) dehydration (d) sedimentation
86. Which of the following processes is not involved in the treatment of water far town supply?
(a) hydrogen sulphide (b) lead compounds (c) metal scraps (d) sewage
87. The acid responsible for the sour taste of old palm wine is ___________
88. The acid in the sting of insects and bees is ____________
89. A base that is soluble in water is called __________
90. Which of these arrangements is correct for increasing order of PH values of the following salts
(a) KNO3(aq) NH4cl(aq) Na2Co3
(b) Na2CO3(aq) NH4cl(aq) (c) NH4cl(aq) KNO3(aq) Na2CO3(aq) (d) NH4cl(aq) KNO3(aq) Na2CO3
91. Which of the following pairs of salts would give a solution with a pH of exactly 7?
(a)CH3 COOK and C6H5 COONa (b) Fecl3 and NH4cl (c) Nacl and Na2SO4 (d) Na2CO3 and NH4cl
92. The effect of K2CO3 on litmus is that ____________________
93. Which of the following is the correct dissociation of Na2Co3
(a) Na2Co3 2Na+ + CO32- (b) 2Na2CO3 2Na++ 2CO32- (c) Na2Co3 Na+ + CO32- (d) Na2Co3 Na2+ + CO32
94. The chemical formula used to express rust is _____________
95. Amalgamation is the coating of a metal using ___________ metal
96. Nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium are the raw materials for the _________ industry
97. The type of change involved when wood burns to give charcoal is __________ change
98. The rusting of iron is an example of _______ change
99. The oxidation number of sulphur in H2S is __________
100. The raw material for the paint industry is
WAEC Questions and Answers on Chemistry for 2019-SECTION B – THEORY
Instruction: Answer Question 1 and Any Other Three. Answer Four
Questions in All
1ai. What is “Air Pollution”? (2 Marks)
ii. List two substances that can cause Air Pollution (2 Marks)
bi. State four reasons why Air is a mixture (4 Marks)
ii. Mention two salts that are responsible for Permanently Hard Water (2 Marks)
c. Mention two Salt Solutions which would:
i. Turn blue Litmus Red
ii. Turn red Litmus Blue
iii. Have no effect on Litmus (6 Marks)
di. What is an Acid Anhydride? (2 Marks)
ii. Give an example of an Acid Anhydride
Total = (19 Marks)
2ai. What is Salt? (2 Marks)
ii. Mention two types of Salts and give one example of each type mentioned (2 Marks)
iii. Distinguish between a Strong Acid and a Concentrated Acid (2 Marks)
b. Write an equation to show a Neutralization Reaction (1 Marks)
Total = (7 Marks)
3ai. Define the term “Water of Crystallization” (2 Marks)
ii. Give the names of the compounds below:
ii. CuSO4.5H2O (1 Mark)
bi. Define the term “Air” (2 Marks)
iv. Mention one air Pollutant (1 Mark)
c. Give one difference between Rusting and Burning (1 Marks)
Total = (7 Marks)
4a. List the steps in the treatment of water for township supply (5 Marks)
b. Define the term “Hard Water” (2 Marks)
Total = (7 Marks)
5ai. What is Solubility? (2 Marks)
ii. 13.5kg of KNO3 completely dissolved in 50cm3 of Water. Calculate the Solubility of KNO3 in moles for dm3 (K = 39, N = 14, O = 16) (3 Marks)
b. Mention two methods used in the removal of Permanent Hardness of Water (2 Marks)
Total = (7 Marks)
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Chemistry Questions and answers for 2019/2020, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
Join Over 400,000+ Readers Online Now.
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest Information from 247amend via push Notification
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [Adverts@247amend.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
- Know the True Benefits of Payday or Bad Credit Loans in Canada
- How to stand out from so many bloggers through image optimization nowadays
- Savefromnet Review: Is It Safe to Download YouTube Videos
- 5 environmental apps you should start using today to save our future
- What Are the Best Websites for Audio File Uploading and Sharing?
- EFCC Recruitment 2020 Form Efccnigeria.org/efcc/career registration guide
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Review and 50% 0ff now
- What Is The Best Platform to Develop Web Applications?
- How to Download and Use the bolt app on Android phone(Bolt app,formally Taxify)
- How To Buy And Sell On Jiji.ng(Complete review of Jiji.ng website)
List of countries in South America
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””]List of countries in South America[/button] List of countries in South...
List of countries in North America
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]List of countries in North America[/button] Countries in North America-North America is a...
15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland 2019 for Student Worldwide
Table of Contents 15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland 2019 for Student Worldwide15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Review, Full Specifications and Price
Table of Contents Samsung Galaxy Note 10 ReviewFull SpecificationsAnnouncementPlatformNetwork and ConnectionsBodyDisplayStorageCameraSensorsBatteryColoursPriceOpinions Spread the love Get your hands on it!...
List of countries in Europe
Spread the love List of countries in Europe-Europe is a unique continent, which is not surrounded by water from...
List of countries in Africa
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””]List of countries in Africa[/button] Countries in Africa–Surrounded by water from...
List of countries in Asia
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”” link=””]Countries in Asia[/button] Countries in Asia-Being the largest continent in the world unlike...
List of countries in Australia / Oceania
Spread the love List of countries in Australia / Oceania Countries in Australia / Oceania–The smallest continent in the...
Full List of 7 continents of the world
Table of Contents [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]ASIA[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]NORTH AMERICA[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]SOUTH...
Top Highest Paid Footballers in Nigerian Professional Football League
Table of Contents [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]Top Highest Paid Footballers in Nigerian Professional Football League[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d”...
All Jobs Questions & Answers1 month ago
12 Nigerian Postal Service Job Responsibilities, Take Note!
Technology2 weeks ago
Mtn YouTube Streaming Plan: How to power all Apps
Education2 weeks ago
How to Find a Good Online College 2019 in United States
Blog4 weeks ago
Face App- Everything You Need To Know About The App
Latest Jobs4 weeks ago
Nigeria Customs Service Shortlisted Candidates 2019/2020 | Download PDF | NCS Shortlist | Customs Shortlisted Names 2019/2020
Mobile phones1 month ago
How to Share Your Data bundle on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
Business &Money3 weeks ago
Are you creative? Get N500m from UBA to push your music, tech or fashion business in 2020
Cryptocurrencies1 month ago
Top 10 Cryptocurrencies to Buy in 2019