WAEC/WASSCE Chemistry Examination for 2019|OBJ and Theory Questions
WAEC Chemistry Questions, | In this article, I will be showing you past Chemistry objective and theory random repeated questions for free. You will also understand how WAEC Chemistry questions are set and many more examination details. All you need to do is to stay focus and follow this guide…
WAEC/WASSCE Chemistry Examination for 2019
Basically, WAEC Chemistry Questions are in 2 Categories, the OBJECTIVE & THEORY
1. Two elements X and Y are in the same-group on the periodic table because they both have the same
(a) number of electronic shells (b) number of valence electrons (c) atomic size (d) atomic number
2. Which of the following elements is a metalloid?
(a) carbon (b) oxygen (c) silicon (d) sodium
3. Which of the following substances is a constituent of fire extinguisher?
(a) ammonia (b) carbon (iv) oxide (c) hydrogen sulphide (d) sulphur (iv) oxide
4 How many protons are there in a metallic ion (x3+) which has an inert gas structure and contains 10 electrons?
(a) 3 (b) 7 (c) 10 (d) 13
5. The type of bond formed when two elements 17X and 19Y combine together is
(a) covalent (b) co-ordinate (c) electrovalent (d) hydrogen
6. Which of the following substance is mainly responsible for the depletion of the ozone layer?
(a) chlorofluorocarbon (b) carbon (iv) oxide (c) nitrogen (d) oxygen
7. Which of the following separation techniques would show that black ink is a mixture of chemical compounds?
(a) crystallization (b) chromatography (c) filtration (d) sublimation
8. The equation p = k/v illustrates
(a) Boyle’s law (b) Charle’s law (c) Dalton’s law (d) Gay Lussac’s law
9. Which of the following elements can conveniently be placed in two groups in the periodic table?
(a) carbon (b) copper (c) hydrogen (d) oxygen
10. Which of the following electron configurations correctly represents noble gas?
(a) 1s2 2s2 2p4 (b) 1s2 2s2 2p6 352 (c) 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p4 (d) 1s2 2s2 2p6
11. Salts that contain water of crystallization are said to be
(a) anhydrous (b) deliquescent (c) efflorescent (d) hydrated
12. How many orbitals are associated with the p-sub orbital?
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 5 (d) 6
13. How protons does contain?
(a) 20 (b) 40 (c) 30 (d) 60
14. What is the value of 140C on the Kelvin temperature scale?
(a) 259k (b) 2590k (c) 287k (d) 2870k
15. Chemicals that are produced in small quantities and with very high degree of purity are
(a) bulk chemicals (b) fine chemicals (c) heavy chemicals (d) light chemicals
16. How many isotopes has hydrogen?
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5
17. Which of the following metallic oxides is amphoteric?
(a) Al2O3 (b) Fe2O3 (c) MgO (d) Na2O
18. The compound that makes palm wine taste sour after exposure to the air for few days is (a) ethanol (b) ethanoic acid (c) methanol (d) methanoic acid
19. The number of atoms in a compound is called
(a) atomic number (b) avogadro number (c) empirical formula (d) molecular formula
20 Flourine is sometimes added in the treatment of town water to
(a) improve coagulation (b) kill germs and bacteria (c) make the water tasteful (d) prevent tooth decay
4621 The pH value of FeCl3 solution is likely to be
(a) 3 (b) 9 (c) 7 (d) 11
22. When a metallic oxide reacts with both acids and bases, the oxide is said to be
(a) acidic (b) amphoteric (c) basic (d) complex
23. The shape of a graphite is (a) tetrahedral (b) pyramidal (c) hexagonal (d) octahedral
24. When a substance changes directly from the gaseous state to the solid state without forming a liquid, the substance is said to
(a) condense (b) evaporate (c) sublime (d) precipitate
25. The hydrolysis of NH4Cl gives
(a) an acidic solution (b) an alkaline solution (c) a buffer solution (d) a neutral solution
26 Noble gas molecules are held together by
(a) van der waals forces (b) hydrogen bonds (c) dative bonds (d) covalent bonds
27. Which of the following phenomena leads to decrease in volume of liquid in an open container?
(a) Brownian motion (b) diffusion (c) evaporation (d) sublimation
28. The solution which has pH > 7 is
(a) FeCl3 (b) CuSO4 (c) KNO3(aq) (d) Na2CO3 (aq)
29. An aqueous solution of Na2CO3 is
(a) acidic (b) alkaline (c) amphoteric (d) neutral
30. The oxidation number of sulphur in Fe2(SO4)3 is
(a) +2 (b) +3 (c) +4 (d) +6
31. The purity of a solid sample can best be determined by its
(a) boiling point (b) melting point (c) conductivity (d) solubility
32 An element X with electronic configuration 1s22s22p63s2
(a) X2Y5 (b) X2Y3 (c) XY3 (d) XY2
33. The basicity of H2SO4 is _________________
34. CFC means ___________________________
35. What is the term used to describe an oxide whose aqueous solution turns blue litmus red?
(a) strong electrolyte (b) acid anhydride (c) amphoteric oxide (d) basic oxide
These are 2018 likely most repeated questions, ensure to study well with all sense of humor and pass without hitches
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Chemistry WAEC Questions 2019, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.