WAEC/WASSCE Chemistry Examination for 2019|OBJ and Theory Questions
WAEC Chemistry Questions, | In this article, I will be showing you past Chemistry objective and theory random repeated questions for free. You will also understand how WAEC Chemistry questions are set and many more examination details. All you need to do is to stay focus and follow this guide…
WAEC/WASSCE Chemistry Examination for 2019
Basically, WAEC Chemistry Questions are in 2 Categories, the OBJECTIVE & THEORY
1. Two elements X and Y are in the same-group on the periodic table because they both have the same
(a) number of electronic shells (b) number of valence electrons (c) atomic size (d) atomic number
2. Which of the following elements is a metalloid?
(a) carbon (b) oxygen (c) silicon (d) sodium
3. Which of the following substances is a constituent of fire extinguisher?
(a) ammonia (b) carbon (iv) oxide (c) hydrogen sulphide (d) sulphur (iv) oxide
4 How many protons are there in a metallic ion (x3+) which has an inert gas structure and contains 10 electrons?
(a) 3 (b) 7 (c) 10 (d) 13
5. The type of bond formed when two elements 17X and 19Y combine together is
(a) covalent (b) co-ordinate (c) electrovalent (d) hydrogen
6. Which of the following substance is mainly responsible for the depletion of the ozone layer?
(a) chlorofluorocarbon (b) carbon (iv) oxide (c) nitrogen (d) oxygen
7. Which of the following separation techniques would show that black ink is a mixture of chemical compounds?
(a) crystallization (b) chromatography (c) filtration (d) sublimation
8. The equation p = k/v illustrates
(a) Boyle’s law (b) Charle’s law (c) Dalton’s law (d) Gay Lussac’s law
9. Which of the following elements can conveniently be placed in two groups in the periodic table?
(a) carbon (b) copper (c) hydrogen (d) oxygen
10. Which of the following electron configurations correctly represents noble gas?
(a) 1s2 2s2 2p4 (b) 1s2 2s2 2p6 352 (c) 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p4 (d) 1s2 2s2 2p6
11. Salts that contain water of crystallization are said to be
(a) anhydrous (b) deliquescent (c) efflorescent (d) hydrated
12. How many orbitals are associated with the p-sub orbital?
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 5 (d) 6
13. How protons does contain?
(a) 20 (b) 40 (c) 30 (d) 60
14. What is the value of 14C on the Kelvin temperature scale?
(a) 259k (b) 259k (c) 287k (d) 287k
15. Chemicals that are produced in small quantities and with very high degree of purity are
(a) bulk chemicals (b) fine chemicals (c) heavy chemicals (d) light chemicals
16. How many isotopes has hydrogen?
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5
17. Which of the following metallic oxides is amphoteric?
(a) Al2O3 (b) Fe2O3 (c) MgO (d) Na2O
18. The compound that makes palm wine taste sour after exposure to the air for few days is (a) ethanol (b) ethanoic acid (c) methanol (d) methanoic acid
19. The number of atoms in a compound is called
(a) atomic number (b) avogadro number (c) empirical formula (d) molecular formula
20 Flourine is sometimes added in the treatment of town water to
(a) improve coagulation (b) kill germs and bacteria (c) make the water tasteful (d) prevent tooth decay
4621 The pH value of FeCl3 solution is likely to be
(a) 3 (b) 9 (c) 7 (d) 11
22. When a metallic oxide reacts with both acids and bases, the oxide is said to be
(a) acidic (b) amphoteric (c) basic (d) complex
23. The shape of a graphite is (a) tetrahedral (b) pyramidal (c) hexagonal (d) octahedral
24. When a substance changes directly from the gaseous state to the solid state without forming a liquid, the substance is said to
(a) condense (b) evaporate (c) sublime (d) precipitate
25. The hydrolysis of NH4Cl gives
(a) an acidic solution (b) an alkaline solution (c) a buffer solution (d) a neutral solution
26 Noble gas molecules are held together by
(a) van der waals forces (b) hydrogen bonds (c) dative bonds (d) covalent bonds
27. Which of the following phenomena leads to decrease in volume of liquid in an open container?
(a) Brownian motion (b) diffusion (c) evaporation (d) sublimation
28. The solution which has pH > 7 is
(a) FeCl3 (b) CuSO4 (c) KNO3(aq) (d) Na2CO3 (aq)
29. An aqueous solution of Na2CO3 is
(a) acidic (b) alkaline (c) amphoteric (d) neutral
30. The oxidation number of sulphur in Fe2(SO4)3 is
(a) +2 (b) +3 (c) +4 (d) +6
31. The purity of a solid sample can best be determined by its
(a) boiling point (b) melting point (c) conductivity (d) solubility
32 An element X with electronic configuration 1s22s22p63s2
(a) X2Y5 (b) X2Y3 (c) XY3 (d) XY2
33. The basicity of H2SO4 is _________________
34. CFC means ___________________________
35. What is the term used to describe an oxide whose aqueous solution turns blue litmus red?
(a) strong electrolyte (b) acid anhydride (c) amphoteric oxide (d) basic oxide
These are 2018 likely most repeated questions, ensure to study well with all sense of humor and pass without hitches
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Chemistry WAEC Questions 2019, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
Join Over 400,000+ Readers Online Now.
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest Information from 247amend via push Notification
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [Adverts@247amend.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
- Know the True Benefits of Payday or Bad Credit Loans in Canada
- How to stand out from so many bloggers through image optimization nowadays
- Savefromnet Review: Is It Safe to Download YouTube Videos
- 5 environmental apps you should start using today to save our future
- What Are the Best Websites for Audio File Uploading and Sharing?
- EFCC Recruitment 2020 Form Efccnigeria.org/efcc/career registration guide
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Review and 50% 0ff now
- What Is The Best Platform to Develop Web Applications?
- How to Download and Use the bolt app on Android phone(Bolt app,formally Taxify)
- How To Buy And Sell On Jiji.ng(Complete review of Jiji.ng website)
List of countries in South America
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””]List of countries in South America[/button] List of countries in South...
List of countries in North America
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]List of countries in North America[/button] Countries in North America-North America is a...
15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland 2019 for Student Worldwide
Table of Contents 15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland 2019 for Student Worldwide15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Review, Full Specifications and Price
Table of Contents Samsung Galaxy Note 10 ReviewFull SpecificationsAnnouncementPlatformNetwork and ConnectionsBodyDisplayStorageCameraSensorsBatteryColoursPriceOpinions Spread the love Get your hands on it!...
List of countries in Europe
Spread the love List of countries in Europe-Europe is a unique continent, which is not surrounded by water from...
List of countries in Africa
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””]List of countries in Africa[/button] Countries in Africa–Surrounded by water from...
List of countries in Asia
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”” link=””]Countries in Asia[/button] Countries in Asia-Being the largest continent in the world unlike...
List of countries in Australia / Oceania
Spread the love List of countries in Australia / Oceania Countries in Australia / Oceania–The smallest continent in the...
Full List of 7 continents of the world
Table of Contents [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]ASIA[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]NORTH AMERICA[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]SOUTH...
Top Highest Paid Footballers in Nigerian Professional Football League
Table of Contents [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]Top Highest Paid Footballers in Nigerian Professional Football League[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d”...
All Jobs Questions & Answers1 month ago
12 Nigerian Postal Service Job Responsibilities, Take Note!
Technology2 weeks ago
Mtn YouTube Streaming Plan: How to power all Apps
Education2 weeks ago
How to Find a Good Online College 2019 in United States
Blog4 weeks ago
Face App- Everything You Need To Know About The App
Latest Jobs4 weeks ago
Nigeria Customs Service Shortlisted Candidates 2019/2020 | Download PDF | NCS Shortlist | Customs Shortlisted Names 2019/2020
Business &Money3 weeks ago
Are you creative? Get N500m from UBA to push your music, tech or fashion business in 2020
Mobile phones1 month ago
How to Share Your Data bundle on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
Cryptocurrencies1 month ago
Top 10 Cryptocurrencies to Buy in 2019