ResearchGate.net–Benefits of ResearchGate to Scientists and Researchers
ResearchGate is a social networking website that exists for scientists and researchers to share papers, find collaborators and ask and answer questions. The website was founded in May 2008 by scientist Dr. Ijad Madisch who is the CEO of the company and physician Dr. Sren Hofmayer and computer scientist Horst Fickenscher and it is owned by ResearchGate GmbH. The website has over thirteen million (13 million) users thereby being the largest academic social network in terms of active users.
ResearchGate has been described by the New York Times as the mashup of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Most ResearchGate users are from medicine or biology. It also has participants from agricultural science, physiology, computer science, engineering and many others.
People who wish to become site members with ResearchGate need to have an email address with a recognized institution or to be manually confirmed as a published researcher to sign up for an account.Each member of the site have a user profile and can upload research output including data, chapters, papers, research proposals, negative results, patents, presentation, methods and software source code. The users of this website can also follow the activities of other users and even engage in discussions with them.
Benefits of ResearchGate to Scientists and Researchers
The website offers the following benefits to scientists and researchers
- Sharing publications: it allows researchers to share their publications for millions of users to access
- Connecting with colleagues: it allows users or members to connect, ask and answer questions from other users or members of the website
- Obtaining statistics and metrics on use of uploaded publications
- Asking questions from researchers around the world with the same set of research interests
- Create exposure for users or member’s work.
How to Join ResearchGate.net
To connect and collaborate with researches around the world, the following steps must be taken
- Log on to researchgate.net
- Click or tap join for free or connect with Facebook or LinkedIn
- Select the group of researcher you belong
- Type in your name, institutional email address, and choose a password
- Click or tap the link in your activation email to complete or finish creating your account with ResearchGate.
How to Add Publications to ResearchGate
ResearchGate has made it easy for users to add their publications as well as unpublished work to their profile in two ways
Confirm Authorship of a Publication that Exists on ResearchGate
The following are steps to quickly and easily add matched publications to a user’s profile
- Go to the publication page of the research item you have authored
- Click or tap on the your name below the title of the research item to visit your scientist contribution page
- Click or tap claim your profile at the top right corner of the screen to add the listed publications to your profile.
Users can also add research items that they authored with the following steps
- Go to the research item’s publication page
- Click or tap the download arrow or icon directly under the stats on the right-hand side of the screen
- Select claim authorship from the drop down menu displayed on the screen.
N.B: If you follow the steps above, you should be able to find the research items listed on the Research tab on your profile. In case you are having problems finding your published research, you can try using the search box at the top of any ResearchGate page.
Create A Publication Page For Your Research That Is Not Yet Existing On ResearchGate
ResearchGate members or users can create publication pages for their research work. Various research items such as conference papers, and negative reports can be added to the publication page. The following are steps to be taken in creating a publication page for your research on ResearchGate
- Click or tap the add new button on the ResearchGate home page
- Select published research and the publication type
- Follow the steps for the specific type of research you have chosen
- You might be required to add a file.
Join Over 400,000+ Readers Online Now.
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest Information from 247amend via push Notification
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [Adverts@247amend.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
- EFCC Recruitment 2020 Form Efccnigeria.org/efcc/career registration guide
- Savefromnet Review: Is It Safe to Download YouTube Videos
- How to Download and Use the bolt app on Android phone(Bolt app,formally Taxify)
- How To Buy And Sell On Jiji.ng(Complete review of Jiji.ng website)
- Mtn YouTube Streaming Plan: How to power all Apps
- Top 5 Best Ways To Prevent And Control Breast Cancer In Women
- List Of Best Private Polytechnics In Nigeria
- How to Find a Good Online College 2019 in United States
- How to bluff in poker | learn the Bluffing tricks
- Complete Guide On Global Starch Market And its Business Opportunities
List of countries in South America
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””]List of countries in South America[/button] List of countries in South America--This...
List of countries in North America
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]List of countries in North America[/button] Countries in North America-North America is a continent...
15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland 2019 for Student Worldwide
Table of Contents 15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland 2019 for Student Worldwide15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Review, Full Specifications and Price
Table of Contents Samsung Galaxy Note 10 ReviewFull SpecificationsAnnouncementPlatformNetwork and ConnectionsBodyDisplayStorageCameraSensorsBatteryColoursPriceOpinions Spread the love Get your hands on it! Samsung...
List of countries in Europe
Spread the love List of countries in Europe-Europe is a unique continent, which is not surrounded by water from all...
List of countries in Africa
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””]List of countries in Africa[/button] Countries in Africa–Surrounded by water from all...
List of countries in Asia
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”” link=””]Countries in Asia[/button] Countries in Asia-Being the largest continent in the world unlike Australia/Oceania...
List of countries in Australia / Oceania
Spread the love List of countries in Australia / Oceania Countries in Australia / Oceania–The smallest continent in the world,...
Full List of 7 continents of the world
Table of Contents [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]ASIA[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]NORTH AMERICA[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]SOUTH...
Top Highest Paid Footballers in Nigerian Professional Football League
Table of Contents [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]Top Highest Paid Footballers in Nigerian Professional Football League[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d”...
Education2 months ago
Cost of Studying in Poland for International Students 2020
All Jobs Questions & Answers1 month ago
12 Nigerian Postal Service Job Responsibilities, Take Note!
Product Reviews4 weeks ago
Top 10 Photo Editing Apps for Android in 2019
Technology5 days ago
Mtn YouTube Streaming Plan: How to power all Apps
Education6 days ago
How to Find a Good Online College 2019 in United States
Blog3 weeks ago
Face App- Everything You Need To Know About The App
Business &Money2 weeks ago
Are you creative? Get N500m from UBA to push your music, tech or fashion business in 2020
Mobile phones4 weeks ago
How to Share Your Data bundle on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile