WAEC Questions and Answers on Chemistry for 2019-Getting ready for WAEC Examination? here are few questions to expect in the forthcoming WAEC Examination. WAEC Examination is one one where questions are always repeated, you can get absolutely great scores if you’re on track with the best possible questions,get them and study repeatedly to guarantee absolute success.
Here there are in no particular order…..WAEC Questions and Answers on Chemistry for 2019/2020 and the most likely repeated questions to expect
1. Which of the following acids forms normal salts only? (a) tetroxosulphate (vi) acid (b) trioxosulphate (iv) acid (c) tetroxophophate (v) acid (d) trioxonitriate (v) acid
2. A substance is said to be hygroscopic if it absorbs;
(a) water from the atmosphere to form a solution (b) heat from the surrounding (c) carbon (iv) oxide from the atmosphere (d) moisture from the atmosphere without dissolving
3. Which of the following salt solutions will have a pH greater than 7?
(a) NaCl (b) Na2CO3 (c) Na2S04 (d) NaHSO4
4. One of the methods used for combating air pollution is:
(a) burning of solid waste (b) provision of sanitary land fills
(c) legislation against some industrial practices (d) scavenging of refuse dumps
5. Which of the following is correct about solution of pH 4 is correct?
(a) addition of NaOH will decrease its pH (b) it will turn red litmus blue (c) it is less acidic than a solution of pH 2 (d) its hydrogen ion concentration is 10-4 moldm-3
6. Concentrated H2SO4 is a good drying agent for most gases because it is (a) hygroscopic (b) dibasic (c) corrosive (d) oxidizing
7. What is the deposit formed on boiling water that contains temporary hardness
(a) magnesium tetraovosulphate (vi) (b) calcium trioxocarbonate (iv) (c) magnesium hydrogen trioxocarbonate (iv) (d) calcium tetroxosulphate (vi)
8. When a sample of water was boiled it lathered more readily with soap. It can be concluded that the sample most likely contained
(a) magnesium tetraoxosulphate (vi) (b) suspended solids (c) organic impurities (d) calcium hydrogentrioxocarbonate (iv)
9. What are the two gases associated with acid rain?
(a) CO2 and HCl (b) CO2 and N2 (c) SO2 and NO2 (d) HCL and SO2
10. What are the values of x, y and z respectively in the following equation?
MnO2 + xHCl MnCl2 + yH2O + zCl2
(a) 4, 1, 2 (b) 1, 2, 1 (c) 2, 1, 2 (d) 4, 2, 1
11. Which of the following pollutants is biodegradable?
(a) domestic sewage (b) metal scraps (c) radioactive waste (d) plastic foil
12. Which of the following substances is hygroscopic in nature?
(a) CaCl2 (b) CuO (c) MgCl2
(d) Na2CO3.10H2O (d) P2O10
13. Sour milk contains acid (a) citric (b) ethanoic (c) lactic (d) methanoic
14. A salt that absorbs moisture from the atmosphere without forming a solution is said to be
(a) efflorescent (b) deliquescent (c) hygroscopic (d) insoluble
15. What process is involved in the reaction represented by the following equation?
AlCl3 + 3H2O Al(OH)3 + 3HCl (a) dehydration (b) hydrolysis (c) double decomposition (d) neutralization
16. Consider the reaction represented by the equation below:
xNH3 + yCl2 zHCl + N2
The values of x, y and z are respectively
(a) 2, 4, 6 (b) 3, 2, 4 (c) 2, 3, 6 (d) 3, 2, 6
17. Hardness in water can be removed by adding
(a) copper (II) tetraoxosulphate (VI) (b) sodium trioxocarbonate (IV) (c) sodium chloride (d) alum
18. X and Y form a salt in which X is a trivalent cation and Y is a bivalent anion. Which of the following equations represents the dissociation of the salt?
(a) XY X3+ + Y2-
(b) X3Y2 3X+ + Y2-
(c) X2Y3 2X3+ + 3Y2-
(d) X2Y2 2X3+ + 2Y2-
19. N is formed form NH3 and H+ by
(a) covalent bonding (b) dative bonding (c) hydrogen bonding (d) ionic bonding
20. The purity of a solid sample can best be determined by its:
(a) boiling point (b) melting point (c) conductivity (d) solubility
21. The separation of petroleum fraction depends on the difference in their (a) melting point (b) molar masses (c) solubilities (d) boiling point
22. Which of the following bond types is responsible for the high boiling point of water?
(a) metallic bond (b) covalent bond (c) ionic bond (d) hydrogen bond
23. Which of the following elements is diatomic? (a) sodium (b) oxygen (c) iron (d) neon
24. An atom of an element X gains two electrons. The symbol of the ion formed is? (a) X+ (b) X2+ (c) X2- (d) X
25. On heating, the following trioxocarbonate (iv) salts decompose to give solid residue except (a) ammonium trioxocarbonate (iv) (b) calcium trioxocarbonate (iv) (c) lead trioxocarbonate (iv) (d) zinc trioxocarbonate (iv)
If you need accurate and updated assistance regarding any WAEC Question and answer on any subject kindly drop your contact information via the comment box below. For guidance about Chemistry Questions and answers for 2019/2020, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
Join Over 400,000+ Readers Online Now.
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest Information from 247amend via push Notification
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [Adverts@247amend.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
- Know the True Benefits of Payday or Bad Credit Loans in Canada
- How to stand out from so many bloggers through image optimization nowadays
- Savefromnet Review: Is It Safe to Download YouTube Videos
- 5 environmental apps you should start using today to save our future
- What Are the Best Websites for Audio File Uploading and Sharing?
- EFCC Recruitment 2020 Form Efccnigeria.org/efcc/career registration guide
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Review and 50% 0ff now
- What Is The Best Platform to Develop Web Applications?
- How to Download and Use the bolt app on Android phone(Bolt app,formally Taxify)
- How To Buy And Sell On Jiji.ng(Complete review of Jiji.ng website)
List of countries in South America
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””]List of countries in South America[/button] List of countries in South...
List of countries in North America
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]List of countries in North America[/button] Countries in North America-North America is a...
15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland 2019 for Student Worldwide
Table of Contents 15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland 2019 for Student Worldwide15 Best Study Abroad Programs In Finland...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Review, Full Specifications and Price
Table of Contents Samsung Galaxy Note 10 ReviewFull SpecificationsAnnouncementPlatformNetwork and ConnectionsBodyDisplayStorageCameraSensorsBatteryColoursPriceOpinions Spread the love Get your hands on it!...
List of countries in Europe
Spread the love List of countries in Europe-Europe is a unique continent, which is not surrounded by water from...
List of countries in Africa
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”outlined” target=”” link=””]List of countries in Africa[/button] Countries in Africa–Surrounded by water from...
List of countries in Asia
Spread the love [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”” link=””]Countries in Asia[/button] Countries in Asia-Being the largest continent in the world unlike...
List of countries in Australia / Oceania
Spread the love List of countries in Australia / Oceania Countries in Australia / Oceania–The smallest continent in the...
Full List of 7 continents of the world
Table of Contents [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]ASIA[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]NORTH AMERICA[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]SOUTH...
Top Highest Paid Footballers in Nigerian Professional Football League
Table of Contents [button color=”” size=”” type=”3d” target=”” link=””]Top Highest Paid Footballers in Nigerian Professional Football League[/button][button color=”” size=”” type=”3d”...
All Jobs Questions & Answers1 month ago
12 Nigerian Postal Service Job Responsibilities, Take Note!
Technology2 weeks ago
Mtn YouTube Streaming Plan: How to power all Apps
Education2 weeks ago
How to Find a Good Online College 2019 in United States
Blog4 weeks ago
Face App- Everything You Need To Know About The App
Latest Jobs4 weeks ago
Nigeria Customs Service Shortlisted Candidates 2019/2020 | Download PDF | NCS Shortlist | Customs Shortlisted Names 2019/2020
Business &Money3 weeks ago
Are you creative? Get N500m from UBA to push your music, tech or fashion business in 2020
Mobile phones1 month ago
How to Share Your Data bundle on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
Cryptocurrencies1 month ago
Top 10 Cryptocurrencies to Buy in 2019