WAEC Animal Husbandry Questions 2019 and OBJ and Theory Answers.
Animal Husbandry, WAEC Animal Husbandry, Animal Husbandry WAEC Questions 2019 | In this article, I will be showing you past WAEC Animal Husbandry objective and theory random repeated questions for free. You will also understand how WAEC Animal Husbandry questions are set and many more examination details.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is an examination board that conducts the West African Senior School Certificate Examination, for University and Jamb entry examination in West Africa countries. … In a year, over three million candidates registered for the exams coordinated by WAEC.
WAEC Animal Husbandry Questions 2019
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of forty multiple choice questions all of which should be answered within 40 minutes for 40 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of six essay questions drawn from the entire syllabus. Each question carries 20 marks. Candidates will be required to answer four questions within 2 hours for a total of 80 marks.
PAPER 3: Will be a practical paper for school candidates and a test of practical work paper for private candidates. Each version will consist of four questions all of which should be answered within 1½ hours for 60 marks.
PAPER 1 – OBJECTIVE
Which of the following products could be obtained from pigs?
A. I and II only
B. I and III only
C. II and III only
D. I, II and III
2. Which the following farm animal is not a ruminant?
3. Male reproductive hormones include
4. Which of the following organs is associated with excretion in farm animals?
B. Small intestine
5. The period from conception to parturition in livestock is known as
PAPER 11 – OBJECTIVE
- Farmers feed animals with basal feed in order to ensure improved lactation B. Improve the quality of animals sperms C. Provide the animal with energy D. Protect the animal from diseases
- The immune system of farm animals can be enhanced through A. good sanitation Paddocking C. Quarantine D. Vaccination
- The advantage of local dairy farmer has over a wholesaler in the marketing of his products is that the farmer A. Breaks the bulk
- Carries out market research C. Provides warehouse D. Sells directly to the consumers
- Which of the following processed animal product has high potential to generate foreign exchange A. Butter Cheese C. Ice Cream
- The risk involved in the movement of animal and its by-products during marketing can be shouldered by A. Bankers Insurers Transporters D. Wholesalers
- Which of the following animal products does NOT require refrigeration for preservation? A. Cheese Evaporated milk C. Meat
- Powdered milk
- Basal feed is an important composition of livestock ration because it is A. High in fibre High in minerals C. High in protein D. Highly digestible
- Maintenance ration is mostly fed to ____ animals A. Fattening
- Lactating C. Pregnant D. Weaned
- A farm animal that is suffering from night blindness could be diagnosed to be deficient in vitamin A. B A C. D D. K
- Bone meal and oyster shell are added to animal feed to supply
- Calcium B. Copper C. Iron D. Sodium
- Which of the following forage crops is NOT a legume? A. Calopognium muanoides Centrosema pubescens C. Mucuna utilis
- Pennisetum purpureum
- The number of animals that can be conveniently fed on a hectare of rangeland is known as A. Grazing weight Carrying capacity
- Herbage size D. Stocking rate
- For artificial insemination to be successful, the farmer needs to have good knowledge of A. Gestation Ovulation C. Parturition
- Semen evaluation
- A common pest honey bee is A. Ant Lice C. Rat D. Squirrel
- Which of the following is the mode of transmission of the suspected disease? A. Contaminated feed Contaminated milk C. Dirty litter D. Vector
- A large expanse of land where natural forage is allowed to grow for grazing is called A. Rangeland Farm C. Orchard D. Plantation
- Common management practices is pastures include the following EXCEPT A.rotational grazing Weed and pest control C. Fertilizer application D. Paddocking
- Crops grown specifically to serve as food to farm animals are called
- Forages B. Pasture C. Grasses D. Legumes
- Pigs wallow in muddy pools of water primarily to A. Ensure adequate exercise Obtain forage materials C. Dislodge ectoparasites from the body D. Lower their body temperature
- Fowls are debeaked in order to A. Reduce feed intake Make them grow faster C. Reduce cannibalism D. Check spread of disease
- A footbath on a poultry farm contains A. Herbicides Antiseptics
- Antibiotics D. Disinfectants
- Ectoparasites of cattle do not include A. Fleas and mites Ticks and mites C. Lice and termites D. Fleas and ticks
- In hook and line fishing the bait is fixed onto the A. Float Hook
- Line D. Pole
- Forages cut fresh and preserved in silo or pit are referred to as
- Compost B. Fodder C. Hay D. Silage
- The farm animal whose alimentary Canal consists of mouth, Oesophagus, proventriculus, the small and large intestines is
- Cattle B. Fowl C. Pig D. Rabbit
- Another name for fallopian tube is A. Cervic Infundibulum
- Oviduct D. Uterus
- Which of the following serves as a purpose in reproduction and egestion of waste products in a bird? A. Caecum Cloaca
- Gizzard D. Kidney
- The gestation period of a doe is about ____ days 110-115
- 148 – 151 C. 210 – 215 D. 265 – 270
- Chevon is referred to as the meat of A. Cattle Goat C. Poultry
- Another name for trypanosomiasis is A. Coccidosis Fowl pox
- Nagana D. Mastitis
- Which of the following farm produce could be obtained from aquaculture Hides B. Wool C. Lard D. Scales
- The hormone that promotes the development of Ova in an animal is
- Follicle stimulating hormone B. Oestrogen C. Oxytocin
- A mature male goat is called a A. billy Bullock C. Stallion
- Lactation can be stimulated in female animal by a decrease in the level of ____ hormone Luteinizing B. Oestrogen C. Oxygocin
- Fry refers to the young of A. Duck Fish C. Rabbit D. Sheep
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about WAEC Animal Husbandry Questions and Answers 2019, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.