Application Deadline: January 17, 2018
The new Tennessee Fellowship for Graduate Excellence (TFGE) is now available for all new domestic and international students aspiring to study at the University of Tennessee in the USA. The TFGE is the signature graduate fellowship program at UT. This prestigious fellowship is offered to top outstanding students.
Course Level: PhD program.
Eligible Nationalities: Domestic and International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Applicants must have met the following requirements:
- Nominees must be prospective PhD students who have been approved for admission through the ADMIT system.
- Nominees must have an identified faculty member who will assist them with beginning a research agenda.
- Departments (colleges) must provide a GRA stipend.
- Faculty mentors and Tennessee Fellows agree to work with ORE staff in pursuit of external funding support (Fulbright applications, research grants, external fellowships, etc.).
- Applications will be made through the ADMIT system.
- The number of nominations allowed is determined by departments. Departments with 1-49 PhD students may submit 1 nominee; departments with 50-99 PhD students may submit 2 nominees, and departments with 100+ PhD students may submit up to 3 nominees.
- Nominations must include:
- A letter of support from the faculty mentor to include the qualifications of the nominee, a brief description of the research area the student will explore upon arrival at UT, and a preliminary mentoring plan for the student
- An endorsement letter from the department head, including the level of stipend support committed to the student and any other resources available to the student (health insurance, travel support, etc.)
- A resume/CV of the student