Table of Contents
The coastal southern Nigeria state of Akwa Ibom is not only prestigious for it’s cultural and sporting activities, hosting cultural and ethnic festivals as well as playing host to most of the football home games of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, but also renowned as a state with some of the best educational facilities in Nigeria. The state has produced many great minds across different levels of secondary and higher education
There are many top choice secondary schools in Akwa Ibom State. Between them, the competition is tough and tight, and you can hardly say that one school has an edge over the next.
This article covers the Top 10 Best Private Secondary Schools in Akwa Ibom state, and our selection is based on:
- The available educational facilities and basic amenities available in these schools
- Overall performance in general examinations such as WAEC, NECO, JAMB, etc
- The quality and qualifications of the teachers in these schools
- Extracurricular and cultural activities
- Curriculum and standard of learning
- Character of the students
- Public perception
- Relationship between the students and themselves, and between the students and the staff of these schools.
Now that you have seen the reasons on which our Top 10 Best Private Secondary Schools in Akwa Ibom state selection is based on, here’s is your list in no particular order.
Top 10 Best Private Secondary Schools in Akwa Ibom state
1. Tower of Ivory Schools
Tower of Ivory international school is a private secondary school that is located at Ediene Abak, Akwa Ibom State. In it’s own note, the school claims to have:
- a disciplined and well motivated staff
- highly equipped science and computer laboratories
- excellent facilities and well equipped technical workshop
- 24hours internet services
- an ultramodern library
- a quality health facility operated by professional health workers
- Steady power supply, as well as standby security.
Reports suggest that the annual school fees and accumulated charges per student is within the region of 1 million naira. This is a considerable amount if you put in the box all that your ward stands to gain.
2. Top Faith International Secondary School
Top Faith International Secondary School is one of the most popular secondary school in the state, and the reason for it’s popularity is it’s wealth of educational standard. This school is located in Mkpatak, Essien Udim area of Akwa Ibom State. It claims a serene environment conducive for your kids to learn, as well as:
- a team of qualified teaching and non-teaching staff
- e-teaching and audio-visual facilities
- a well equipped science and technology laboratories
- quality health care
- great sporting and leisure facilities
- standard educational infrastructures
- high cultural, moral and spiritual standard
Top Faith international secondary school charges around 1.5 million naira yearly.
3. Mobil Pegasus High School
Mobil Pegasus is located at St. Gregory road, Eket in Akwa Ibom State. It is sponsored by oil giants Mobil. Mobil Pegasus has shown that it is a big gun of when it comes to secondary schools, and the statistics shows that. They clinched the national champions of the Junior Engineers, Technicians and Scientists (JETS) award in 2017, and that’s a lot of talking points.
4. Notre Dame Girls Secondary School
Notre Dame Girls Secondary School is an all-girls private secondary school that is sited in Urua Edet Obo. It is one of the best private secondary schools in Akwa Ibom State. Since it’s inception, this school has grown to a high level of education and coaching standard. It aims at polishing the average Nigerian girl child and providing quality education and training that instills in her, a good proportion of educational, moral, and spiritual properties.
If you have a female child, or ward under your care and you have been wondering the most capable secondary school for her, look no further than Notre Dame Girls Secondary School.
5. Infant Jesus Secondary School
In Oron Akwa Ibom State, there’s a secondary school that is known as the top award clincher in the entire Akwa Ibom State. It has won around 250 awards, among which 10 of them are the award of the best secondary school in Akwa Ibom State since it was founded in 1957. It is an old school that has been in existence for many decades, and as such, has garner a lot of experience in the line of providing quality education.
The school has in their ranks, qualified professionals as staff, as well as all the basic amenities and educational facilities needed to facilitate learning in an accommodating educational environment.
6. Beulah International School
Beulah International School is a private-owned secondary school in Uyo, the capital city of Akwa Ibom State. Although founded as recent as 2004, this school has risen from just a usual secondary school to be the name on many people’s lips, and they merit this position of popularity judging strictly by their self development as a school, and for their efforts in producing well educated and sound graduates. Beulah International School is equipped with:
- standard scientific and ICT laboratories
- a guidance and counseling unit
- a well equipped school clinic regulated by qualified health professionals
- ultramodern sport equipments and recreational facilities in form of a standard basketball court, a football pitch, volleyball and tennis courts among others
- a geographical garden
- an updated school curriculum and meaningfully engaging extracurricular activities
Admission into various classes for both senior and junior categories take place at scheduled times within the year, so your best odds is to contact Beulah international school to know about it’s enrollment procedures.
7. Saint Columbanus Secondary School
Saint Columbanus Secondary School ikwen is a Catholic owned private secondary school. Apart from quality top education, emphasis is placed on morality and religious knowledge. Students are instilled with the fear of God and the knowledge of the Christian religion, as well as proper guidance on behavioural development.
8. Ritman College
Ritman College in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State charges around 750,000 Naira every year for fresh intake. It boasts of many features which makes it stand out among schools. It’s system is serene and organized, as well as having many modern learning and training facilities under it’s name. Ritman College suggests that it offers a generous scholarship scheme, which is in all honesty a very rare feat among private owned secondary schools in Nigeria.
9. Saint Brian’s Model College
Sometimes simply referred to as SBMC, the Catholic owned Saint Brian’s model college is one of the top rated private secondary schools in Akwa Ibom State and Nigeria as a whole. On the records, SBMC has marked is place as a top choice secondary school in the state with remarkable performances in inter-school competitions and also in external examinations.
10. Monef Highschool
Monef Highschool is one school that owns a league of its own. It has built an exclaiming reputation in the employment of staff with high qualification to impact in each student the standard of teaching that is incomparable to a conventional student in other secondary schools since it was founded in 2006. Monef aims to equip it’s products with everything that they need for their growth and success without the School’s educational environment in preparation for a wider world, and for that purpose, her qualified team of staff consists of experienced teachers from different geographical locations and in Nigeria, and also from Europe and America.
Self discipline, moral and civic obligations are prioritized at Monef high school so that its student learn to get it right on major spheres in life.
You can locate Monef High school in Ikot Ebom Itam, Off Ikot Ekpene Road by Akwa Ibom Transport Company Motor Park, Itu local government area of Akwa Ibom State.