WAEC Animal Husbandry Questions 2019 and OBJ and Theory Answers.
Animal Husbandry, WAEC Animal Husbandry, Animal Husbandry WAEC Questions 2019 | In this article, I will be showing you past WAEC Animal Husbandry objective and theory random repeated questions for free. You will also understand how WAEC Animal Husbandry questions are set and many more examination details.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is an examination board that conducts the West African Senior School Certificate Examination, for University and Jamb entry examination in West Africa countries. … In a year, over three million candidates registered for the exams coordinated by WAEC.
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of forty multiple choice questions all of which should be answered within 40 minutes for 40 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of six essay questions drawn from the entire syllabus. Each question carries 20 marks. Candidates will be required to answer four questions within 2 hours for a total of 80 marks.
PAPER 3: Will be a practical paper for school candidates and a test of practical work paper for private candidates. Each version will consist of four questions all of which should be answered within 1½ hours for 60 marks.
PAPER 1 – OBJECTIVE
Which of the following products could be obtained from pigs?
A. I and II only
B. I and III only
C. II and III only
D. I, II and III
2. Which the following farm animal is not a ruminant?
3. Male reproductive hormones include
4. Which of the following organs is associated with excretion in farm animals?
B. Small intestine
5. The period from conception to parturition in livestock is known as
- The head of tapeworm is known as the A. Sucker Rostellum
- Scolex D. Segment
- Which of the following feeding stuff should be increased in the diet laying birds? A. Palm kernel meal Bone meal C. Groundnut cake D. Vitamin supplement
- The practice of progeny selection involve selecting breeding stock on the basis of the A. Performance of offspring Parents characteristics C. Sir-dam relationship D. Individual merits of each animal
- The most important symptom of brucellosis in cattle is A. Abortion Swollen testes C. Lameness D. Swollen joints
- Which of the following is NOT a sign of heat in animals? A. Mounting of other animals Mucous discharge from the vulva C. Grantion sound D. Muscus discharge from the rectum
- Which of the following practices would a farmer not likely adopt in Pig management A. ear notching Worming C. Castrating
- In birds, loss of appetite, respiratory difficulties and nervous paralysis are symptoms of A. Newcastle Corcidiosis C. Fowl-typhoid D. Fowl pox
- In which of the following ways can fish be processed and preserved? A. Salting and smoking Salting and fermentation C. Smoking and fermentation D. Smoking and pasteurization
- The incubation period of turkey is A. 27 days 35 days C. 42 days D. 15 days
- Which of the following is commonly used as a source of plant protein in livestock ration A. Maize Price bran C. Wheat bran
- Groundnut cake
- The brownish, flattened and leaf-like parasites found in cattle are called A. Tapeworms Liver flukes C. Lice D. Roundworms
- The desirable characteristics of forage crops include to following EXCEPT A. Palatability Dependability C. High field D. Poor reproductive ability E. Resistance of trampling
- Which of the following is NOT an effect on man of the various preventive and control measures of disease and pest/parasites? A. Air pollution Water poisoning C. Food contamination D. Poor utilization
- The units of inheritance which determine the various characteristics of animals are called Genes B. Chromosomes C. Cytoplasm
- In the establishment of pastures it is best to A. Plant only grasses
- Plant only legumes C. Plant a mixture of grasses and legumes
- Allow needs to mix with the forage crops
- The part of the ruminant stomach from which digestive juices are secreted is the A. Rumen Reticulum C. Omasum D. allow needs to mix with the forage crops
- The part of the ruminant stomach from which digestive Juices are secreted is the A. Rumen Reticulum C. Omasum D. Abomasums
- At which of the following ages are gilts mated? A. 8-12 months
- 14-15months C. 15 – 20months D. over 25 months
- Which of the following breeds of cattle is regarded as the best dairy breed in Nigeria A. While Fulani Red bororo C. Sokoto gudalis
- Which of following is not a factor of improvement in breeding cattle? A. Fertility Butterfat percentage C. weaning weight D. Back-fat-thickness
- Which of the following is not a symptom of malnutrition in livestock
- Bloat B. Night blindness C. Anaemia C. Infertility
- The act of giving birth in rabbits is known as A. Kindling Kidding C. Farrowing D. Lambing
- Which of the following is NOT used for identification purpose in livestock? A. Tattooning Branding C. Tagging D. Shearing
- The factors that can predispose animals to disease include the following EXCEPT A. Poor housing Malnutrition C. Immunity
- unfavourable weather
- Which of the following is NOT a breed of cattle? A. Sokoto red
- Sokoto gudalis C. White Fulani C. Ndama
PAPER 2 – (ESSAY)
1. (a) List three organs associated with each of the following body systems:
(b) Explain briefly the major function of eachsystem named in (1) (a) above
(c) Discuss Newcastle disease of poultry under the following headings:
(i) causative agent;
(ii) two symptoms;
(iii) two preventive measures.
2. (a) Mention six ways in which farm animals are important to the economy of West Africa.
(b) (i) State two classes of farm animals.
(ii) Give three examples of animals in each class stated in (b) (i) above
(c) Outline the process of egg formation in a hen.
3. (a) Mention seven industrial raw materials that could be obtained from farm animals.
(b) State seven ways of caring for a pregnant co
(c) Define the following terms as used in animal husbandry:
(i) steaming up;
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about WAEC Animal Husbandry Questions and Answers 2019, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide