If you intend traveling to Belgium for visiting, schooling, business or any other activities, this guide is meant to put you through all that you know concerning Belgium, Belgium visa, Belgium visa types, Belgium visa requirements, Belgium visa application method, Belgium embassy in Nigeria, and other key information you need.
You can also check out the following countries to see how you can get a visa to enter any of them in Nigeria
The kingdom of Belgium (or simply Belgium) is a country in Western Europe. The country is known for it’s cultural and lingual diversity, with certain parts speaking Dutch, some parts speaking German, and other parts speaking French.
The capital of the country is Brussels, which is a major destination for tourists and foreigners seeking adventure or greener pastures. Some other famous cities suitable for you and any legal activities such as tourism, visit, business or schooling include
- De Haan
There are different types of visas which foreigners (Nigerians) are expected to have before going to Belgium, and we’re going to highlight the major types as follows —
1. Short term visas
- Visitor visa
- Tourist visa
- Transit visa
- Marital visa
- Business visa
2. Long term visas
- Student visa
- Work visa
- Relocation visa
How to Apply?
You can apply for any of the Belgian visas by filling and downloading the Belgium visa application form from HERE or HERE, then you proceed with the necessary visa application required documents to the Belgian embassy in Nigeria for your complete visa application.
- A valid national passport
- A coloured photocopy of your passport’s data page (usually the first page of your passport containing your details)
- Recent passport photos
- Proof of legal residency in Nigeria
- A well written letter giving details on the reason for your interest in traveling to Belgium
- Proof of your employment, if employed
- Proof of financial stability, usually a bank account statement
- Proof of business registration and payment of tax, if you own any business
- Admission letter or acceptance form signifying that you have been granted admission by an educational institution in Belgium, for those going to Belgium for the purpose of schooling
- Flight booking confirmation
- Hotel reservation
- Birth certificate (and marriage certificate if you’re married)
- Police clearance
- A functional email address with which you will be contacted
- Mandatory Non-refundable visa application fee of N21,000 for adults and N12,000 for children between 6 – 12 years
Where to Apply?
If you have assembled all the necessary required documents listed above, you can proceed with confidence to any of the Belgian visa application centers or embassy here in Nigeria.
Belgium Visa Application Centre in Abuja
38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse II Abuja.
- Submission of Visa Application: Monday to Friday from 08:00 – 14:00
- Passport Collection: Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 15:00
Belgium Visa Application Center in Lagos
Ground Floor, Manor House,
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Opposite Treasure Garden Estate,
Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
- Submission of Visa application: Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 14:00
- Passport Collection: Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00
Embassy of Belgium in Abuja
9, Usuma Street, Maitama
Abuja – Nigeria
TEL: (+234) 803 301 68 22
EMAIL [email protected]
Some related countries you can visit from Nigeria:
We have ensured that we have provided all the necessary required documents and procedures through which you can successfully apply for a visa to Belgium without any hassles. Do well to share this post on various social media platforms by making use of the buttons below, and also ensure to always follow this page for frequent updates.